• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

cut eddie's nails today

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
first time i have had to cut them and he was so much better than i thought he would be x) i thought he would be really wriggly but he stayed quite still... until he got pee'd off at me anyway! :))

maisie on the other hand... well she's normally sooo good but today she was not impressed. rolleyes

Nail cutting is the only thing I dislike about owning pigs. It's so tense, my heart hammers and I get so hot and stressed doing it because they start wiggling when I get the nails in between the clippers :( And Noah has difficult sideways nails.

ches was such a drama queen with his nails. rolleyes maisie is really good, except if she needs a wee and then she wriggles. she has clear nails though so it's fairly easy. ches had very twisted and dark nails and eddie has dark nails aswell and some that lie to the side but he didn't really wriggle like i thought he would so that's something i guess. he's been here since the 10th march and this is the first time his nails have needed trimming. i don't know if it's because he is always on the move, but his nails stay alot shorter than maisie's and that chesneys did.

first time i have had to cut them and he was so much better than i thought he would be x) i thought he would be really wriggly but he stayed quite still... until he got pee'd off at me anyway! :))

maisie on the other hand... well she's normally sooo good but today she was not impressed. rolleyes

We have to do the noobs claws soon, dreading it Sassy has 2 black feet eeekkkk!

lol ive got a couple of squealers - they squeal with every nail i cut....

Treacy used to do that!

Nail cutting is the only thing I dislike about owning pigs. It's so tense, my heart hammers and I get so hot and stressed doing it because they start wiggling when I get the nails in between the clippers :( And Noah has difficult sideways nails.

Yes, we are the same. No matter how much we do it I still dread trimmings.....

We have to do the noobs claws soon, dreading it Sassy has 2 black feet ..
Georgie used to have one ginger, one white and 2 black feet. I don't think i did her nails very often myself, we just took them to the vets. I would be more confident doing them now though if I ever had a black footed piggy again. When I did it I just used to cut the tips on the black feet x

Ruby is a squealer as well and acts like you have cut a toe off each time, thinking on- they probably need a trim! looks like thats the job of the day!

i swear eddie has been off with me since nails. :)) wonder how long he will sulk for! rolleyes x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back