• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Farewell Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip_rat

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sadly our 2nd ever piggie Honey had to be put to sleep yesterday. 8...

She had been fine all Friday morning, but during the afternoon 'floortime' she just sat down and seemed to have lost the use of her left legs. We rushed her down to the vets straight away. They did their best and she seemed to be improving at first, although they thought she might have lost her sight too. Then sadly yesterday evening we got a call to say she had deteriorated badly and had lost use of her legs again and was just rolling over onto her side. We took the difficult decision to have her put to sleep based on the vets advice.

It's a real shock as she showed no sign of being ill and was running around begging for treats as usual on the Friday morning. We had just lost her partner Eaton a few weeks earlier and were thinking about finding her another piggie to bond with.

I can take some comfort in the fact that having rescued her from a home where she was being ignored we have given her a nice home for the past 4 years. I just hope she didn't suffer.

Here is a picture of her:

honey.jpg

And together with Eaton:

eatonandhoney.jpg

What a lovely pair! I am so sorry that you lost Honey so suddenly; it sounds very much like a stroke.

RIP - Honey and Eaton; you are together again!

I am sorry for your loss. You sound like a fantastic owner and i hope you will consider adopting some more unwanted piggies once you are more settled with your loss xx

So sorry for your loss. She was a gorgeous looking piggie.

RIP Honey
x x

Oh no how very sad for you all on the passing of dear little Honey and Eaton 8...8...8...
RIP Honey run free at the bridge, i'm sure you were welcomed with open paws by your friend Eaton who left not long ago, popcorn together thru lush green meadows and enjoy sharing the dandelions and clover, you'll be so very sadly missed by your whole family but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Two little stars now twinkling in the sky ................ :(

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. What a wonderful life you gave her and when the tears dry you can remember all the good times. Sleep well lovely girl...

Honey was a very sweet girl and in that second pic I see she was enjoying one of my cozies! You gave her four happy years but it is always sad to say goodbye. Sleep tight little pig x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back