• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Final layout (I think!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky_lou

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya, I posted on here last week with a c+c layout idea. After a lot of thought and measuring the space I have iv had a bit of a rethink. For ease of cleaning etc iv gone for a more simple shape and extended up more
hyqy3ate.jpg

The bottom layer will be 5half/2 and the top layer will be 4/2 as the pesky boiler is in the way!
The bottom layer will open so I can pull out the coroplast for cleaning a bit like a draw (fingers crossed) I'm still not overly sure where the ramps going well see when we come to do it because of how steep it's going to be

Do you think this will be big enough for four?
I'm hoping to get this all done for the end of the month because I'm hoping to foster for Walsall RSPCA.. I can imagine over Christmas is a busy time for them. Plus I'm very excitable bit like a child hehe

Looks good. My OH did a similar 2D drawing for the Piggie shed :) good luck with the fostering!

I'm a little confused, is it going on top of a washing machine and tumble drier? I would have thought the vibrations would compromise structural integrity and definitely make the water bottle leak nevermind what the piggies would think of it. You could make a sort of work surface/supported shelf using shelf brackets and wooden struts or support poles to keep it off the machines and provide support though. If you made it flush with the wall it would stop mess getting behind the machines as well.

It looks really good. I'm guessing there's a kitchen worktop over the machines? I'd be a little cautious with the noise of the washing machine and keep a wee eye on the piggies when it's on just in case they don't like it (or do your washings during floor time! :)

With regards to the ramp if it's as long as mine you may need to take an extra grid off the top floor to create enough space for it, mine comes down about 2 grids along from the top floor and it looks like you'll only have a grid & a half of space for yours to come down (if that makes sense?)

Good luck with it all - exciting times! Can't wait to see photos of the end product, have you got the bits yet?

There is a work surface already there my drawings just aren't very good.. There's quit a gap between the work top and top of the washing machine/dryer

There is a work surface already there my drawings just aren't very good.. There's quit a gap between the work top and top of the washing machine/dryer

Oh right well that's okay then, I wasn't sure from the sketch. Looks good otherwise, you could put in a mezzanine shelf on the bottom floor for the ramp to go up from so it's not as steep. :)

It looks really good. I'm guessing there's a kitchen worktop over the machines? I'd be a little cautious with the noise of the washing machine and keep a wee eye on the piggies when it's on just in case they don't like it (or do your washings during floor time! :)

With regards to the ramp if it's as long as mine you may need to take an extra grid off the top floor to create enough space for it, mine comes down about 2 grids along from the top floor and it looks like you'll only have a grid & a half of space for yours to come down (if that makes sense?)

Good luck with it all - exciting times! Can't wait to see photos of the end product, have you got the bits yet?

Just trying to find the bits as cheap as I can get them to be honest..

They have been in there before and was fine my washers quit quiet and when iv got the tumble dryer on they come out for a run :)
I think with the ramp il have a better perspective when I have the stuff and actually doing it :)
Iv tried to fit as much cage in as possible so it is literally against the wall on all sides ( more room for the piggies :) )

Oh right well that's okay then, I wasn't sure from the sketch. Looks good otherwise, you could put in a mezzanine shelf on the bottom floor for the ramp to go up from so it's not as steep. :)

Sorry that's my poo drawing hehe
A mezzanine step?

Oh, a mezzanine step would be great! I've made my own out of the correx and the boys love testing out my engineering skills by using them as beds! Basically you put in an extra level halfway down the grid so the ramp has a landing, you could then have the bottom ramp turning the corner. If I can figure out how to do it on my new phone I'll post a pic of mine to show you :)

Ok thank you sounds good :) il have a word with my builder hehe

Heehee!

Ok, here's the pic, it's not great but hopefully you can get the gist from it. (This was taken just before fixing the structural issues you can see!)
I really hope that worked!

Heehee!

Ok, here's the pic, it's not great but hopefully you can get the gist from it. (This was taken just before fixing the structural issues you can see!)
I really hope that worked!

Ahh that's a good idea.. Il have a think about that one :)
Do yours use it as a poo spot because by the looks of it mine probably would hehe

Hehe! It has been used as a toilet on occasion but since I covered their hay hut they tend just to use that as the toilet these days. I have put a little square of fleece on the landing so it can get washed as well just in case.

The previous suggestion of using a grid could work if you have a spare one; you could bend it so it would make a little hidey underneath as well as a landing - I imagine you'd have to line it with correx still.

Hi Becky,

I foster for Walsall RSPCA too, looking forward to you joining us once your cage is sorted. Any questions please drop me a pm :-)

Oh hi :)
I can't wait, very exciting..
Thank you il probably have quit a few questions :)

No worries just ask away, if you want to come round and meet the piggies you are more than welcome too. I have over 20 at the moment.

No worries just ask away, if you want to come round and meet the piggies you are more than welcome too. I have over 20 at the moment.

If you go to Vicky's be prepared to want to leave with many more piggies than you anticipated.

Any Grey Piggies Vicky?

:0 wow you must be a busy lady hehe
That would be great :) where about are you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back