• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Happy Gotcha Day to Molly! 🎂

Piggylove82

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, it's a bit of a story, so settle back on the sofa and put your feet up...

Back on 10th April 2017, having lost my previous guinea pig the earlier part of that year, I came across these two girls on the adoption part at Pets at Home at Worcester...

20170410_195430.jpg
They were so forlorn looking, almost too scared to even move, and I wanted to take them home and show them a good life there and then, but we were due to be going away as a family for a few nights, so I said to my son if they are still here when we come back home, we will adopt them. He took this photo of them.

Every day that we were away from home I hoped they would still be there waiting for us, but at the same time I also didn't want them being in the shop with so much going on, dogs coming over with their owners to look, or maybe even just being ignored in favour of younger piggy babies that were on sale. When we came home, and exited the motorway at Worcester, my husband and son went straight to watch their rugby team play, and my other son and I, with all our cases still packed in the boot, went to Pets at Home before driving on home. I could hardly believe they were still there. It had only been 5 days, but I was just so relieved and happy they had waited for us. So we adopted them there and then. The shop staff said they were around 18 months old and that their previous owner had no longer wanted them, and had also given up their two brothers too, but hadn't told the shop the names of their pets. They had been renamed Milly and Molly by store staff and we kept those names.

So three years ago today, Milly and Molly came to live with us. Sadly Milly passed over the rainbow bridge last month. I found Molly still lay next to her keeping her warm one morning when I went out to feed them. I was heartbroken, they were my girls. I worried about Molly being alone and also because she was the quieter one of the two who always seemed to look to her sister for reassurance.

I found a couple of girls at a rescue whose owners didn't want them, but on bringing them home, it wasn't a successful bond with Molly. I was prepared for this anyway, and had separated my double storey hutch into two separate floors. The rescue closed to rehoming later that day, the Saturday before lockdown was announced. I still needed a friend for Molly though and came across a neutered boar at the RSPCA Walsall. It had to be a social distancing handover, so there could be no dating session, and I collected him the Monday afternoon of the day the announcement about lockdown was made. The bonding this time went well, he was very interested in her and when he was eating and she thought he wasn't looking, she would go over to him and push her nose into his long hair. He lays down next to her, and looks up from time to time as if he's watching over her. She is doing so well. Her eyes are bright and shiny and she's so alert especially when they are outside on the grass.

So anyway, Happy Gotcha Day to Molly! 🥂

DSC_0333.jpg

Thanks for reading. Stay safe everyone x

Aw, Happy gotcha day Molly xx I am sorry that Milly isn’t here to share it with you though xx
Thank you x.

I have so many memories (and pictures and videos) of when she was though. Some I look at with smiles, some with tears, often with both, and I had tears when I wrote this too. I sometimes look at Molly and wonder if they have memories in the same way as we do...

Thank you x.

I have so many memories (and pictures and videos) of when she was though. Some I look at with smiles, some with tears, often with both, and I had tears when I wrote this too. I sometimes look at Molly and wonder if they have memories in the same way as we do...

I believe that they do have memories like we do x

Happy Gotcha Day beautiful girl. Glad to hear you now have a lovely husboar to keep you company. 💕

Back