• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Minnou’s piggies

Gaia almost got Minerva full on wheeking just once....

Minerva never really speaks for herself; she just waits for Gaia to yell and that alone usually gets results so she just doesn't bother wheeking. :xd:

The worst part is that Cam's consistently noisy, but Bann's noisier, shriller, and loud. To be more of nuisance than Cam is an achievement but it's better when Cam doesn't climb on his head, y'know?

:flag:

When you start cutting an apple and feel eyes upon you....

Turn around and see two guinea pigs with their faces pressed against the bars of the cage.

Gaia: "I KNOW YOU SEE US!" *begins aggressively mauling the cage just to remind me that they co-own every apple in the house*

When you start cutting an apple and feel eyes upon you....

Turn around and see two guinea pigs with their faces pressed against the bars of the cage.

Gaia: "I KNOW YOU SEE US!" *begins aggressively mauling the cage just to remind me that they co-own every apple in the house*
Shouldn’t that be ‘own’, not ‘ co-own’ ?

Gaia has survived another butt trim and would like everyone to know she is very angry about her treatment.

It can't be helped! When her fur gets to a certain length, she just seems to be perpetually damp with pee. Until I started shaving her, I thought she had continence issues but nope... as long as her fur is kept short, she's dry all day every day until her fur once again reaches some specific length and then she's damp all the time. I know just by touching her bum or underbelly exactly when it is time for her to have another trim. She looks so majestic all time but at her core, she is a complete scruffbag. :xd:

She hates being brushed and she hates having her hair cut. Unfortunately for Gaia, her hair is easier to cut when it has been washed so she has to have a hated bum wash as well. Then she comes out dripping like a soggy mop and she takes forever to fully dry so she also has to endure the much hated hairdryer as well.

She fusses and fights for the entire duration until it's all over and then she saunters around like nothing happened. :roll:

And then Minerva goes over to her and sniffs her butt and looks puzzled "Who are you? Gaia is smelly and looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards. You can't be Gaia...."

Gaia: "Hey!" >:c

Gaia made an attempt at jumping today!

She was keen to get her paws on her platter of grass this morning and as I was lowering the tray into the cage she reared up and tried to leap on it. She barely got airborne and it looked more like she was standing up and waving her front paws around like she was at a pop concert AND she almost flattened Minerva as she came back down but hey ho, an attempt at a jump is an an attempt at a jump~!

Gaia is learning...... :yikes:

I've been plonking small piles of grass/dandelions on top of a cardboard box to challenge them a bit, provide a bit of mental stimulation, encourage them to forage...

Gaia, with no hesitation, stomped her way over the box, bit on the edge and gave it a sharp tug down, upending it just enough for the grass to slide off then released the box, allowing it to fall back to its original position. Then she sat there all smug, stuffing her face.

Everyone should fear her a bit more now.

You don't have to fear Minerva though; she's still a dingbat. She slammed her own face into a wall by turning too fast. She looked like she was seeing stars before rubbing her throbbing nose with her paws. She does this at least once a week.

Well done Gaia, Keep it up! 🎉

Ouch Minerva, that sounds very painful. 🩹

Well done Gaia, Keep it up! 🎉

Ouch Minerva, that sounds very painful. 🩹
I'm surprised she hasn't broken her nose by now; she turns so fast anyone else would get whiplash and the thud is very audible.

Then she sits there rolling her head around like she's had all of her senses beaten out of her before gently rubbing her nose over and over.

I make a huge fuss over her afterwards and talk to her in baby talk like 'what a poor likkle baba' she is. Then she forgets what she has done... and does it again next week. :roll:

New stuff is scary!
And also an excuse for Gaia to be mean; they both legged it to a corner of the run and Minerva tried to cuddle into Gaia and hide but Gaia went for her instead. Then Gaia ran to a box shelter and Minerva followed her but Gaia wouldn't let Minerva share it with her. :roll:

Back