• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Adopted Pig Marmite

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiams

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Recently adopted a guinea pig, well i got him on Tuesday, he's gorgeous, about 2 years old from what i've been told, i've named him Marmite, he's had a bit of a hard life bless him,

Started of in a shop and was bought by a family with young kids, who soon lost interest, he spent the first year or so without even a name ! was soon taken to the adoption centre of Pet's at home, he's been marked as too aggressive to be with other guinea pigs, i saw him on his first day when he'd just arrived he was gorgeous and i knew i wanted him ! i went away trying to figure out how i could get him, but by the time i went back to pick him up (Saturday), he wasn't in his cage anymore, i was obviously devastated so asked a member of staff if he's been adopted, she said "Yes but he was brought back yesterday" the poor boy had been put with two other males and started fighting, so had been taken back, he had to stay in quarantine until Monday, but when i called up i was told he had to stay in still, so called Tuesday and was told i could take him home, i'm so glad that i could give him a second chance !

My poor little boy has 3 seperate chunks missing from his ears from all his fighting with previous pigs and seems to get very stressed even by the smell of another pig, so for now he will live alone. Until/If i think it's the right time to find him a friend. Wich will probably be a female.

IMG_7416.jpg

He's absolutely handsome and really looks like my boy Gulliver! Sounds to me he's a young piggy who could do with being castrated and finding himself a lovely gentle lady friend to be happy with.

Oh bless him, he is gorgeous, even with his war wounds x)

Yes I think once he has settled in a nice wifey will be perfect for him :)

is he used to being handled?

x

Aww poor baby. He has been through so much. He is gorgeous. I am so pleased you have him now.

He's very good at being handled all things considered he will just lay on you for ages, gets a little fidgety like most pigs but other than that he's fine, pretty good to get out of the cage too, so thats a bonus :)

aww the poor boy! He is adorable and I hope he settles into his new home nicely

What a beautiful face! So glad he's found a home that cares about him! Well done! x

I agree, he may prefer a ladies company ;) I love his little rosette. It is good he has found a loving home after all that :)

Oh he is just adorable. Luckily his safe at home with you now. The poor little love.

Amy
x

He is lovely - if you dont want to get him neutered you could put your name down for a spayed sow from Tracy at Rugby - I picked my two up yesterday and have been on the list since August.

He's a stunner. Hope he's settling ok.

I can definiteley recommend Justine at Woodlands Vets Ivybridge if you need a vet to neuter him. She's very experienced and keeps piggies herself so has a special interest in them.

Love his name btw xx

Soooo handsome x) Glad he's found a lovely home with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back