• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Not Happy about run-rabbit-runs raffle competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackyB

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is to notify that this raffle i was meant to have won- the collapsible rabbit run has been cancelled by Steve at run-rabbit-runs as he is going re-draw it- which i think is very unfair as i paid my money and won fair and square. He has said he is going re-draw it for everyone else and send my money back.

I don't think this is right or fair as i paid that money in good faith and because i won i spent the money i had available on paying more for the cage and so now can't afford to but an outdoor run- so as you can imagine i am very disappointed.

Apparently he has sold the business so doesn't want to deal with any of it- and apparently i caused him too much grief from when i ordered a cage from him and kept asking when I would receive it- I know he has personal problems but he did assure me he could deal with it and took my money so the least i expected was to receive the cage is a reasonable amount of time, and i don't think this is too much to ask for when I have handed over my money.

I just though I would make all aware of this as i know he took money from other people and other people where meant to have won things as well.

I will now think twice before giving my money to people offering products from any forum as * have lost out on money and a run for my piggies.

Thank you all.

jacky.

P.S i only founf this out cause i wondered where the run is and as i am moving office in a 2 weeks didn't want to get it delivered to the wrong place- well i don't have to worry about that now anyway :(

That sounds out of order. Surely he should just be honouring it?

Sorry you have lost out and more importantly your guineas have.

Nasty

I'm so sorry to hear that, I think its out of order.

Have you tried pm'ing the admins on here to make them aware whats happened? Not sure if they can do anything but its worth a try.

That's unfair.

I had emailed him to order a cage but he never got back to me past the initial cost. I am glad now i didn't persue it any further and didn't spend any money. At least it explains now why he never got back to me.

Jacky

That is absolutely disgusting that he has done that - you paid your money as did everyone else fair and square why should you not get your prize that you won grrrr

what is the point in him re-drawing it?if he didn't want to give away a run in the first place he shouldn't have taken money from lots of people that is extremely unfair of him to be like this it makes me want to :)>>>

I hope this can be resolved as it is not fair on the people who won prizes he offered and the people that bought tickets for this

Hi All,

I am very disappointed, I didn't expect this to happen and I didn't want other people to lose out either- we've all paid money towards it.

I now know he was trying to sell the business at the start of February- before I placed my order with him and I too found it difficult to contact him after I had paid my money for my cage- he wouldn't answer emails I sent so I had no choice but to phone him- which i didn't want to do due to his circumstances but i also didn't want to lose the £64 I gave him for the cage and snuggle sack (I didn't receive any snuggle sack but did eventually get the cage- thank god)

I've now got to talk to my other half and he's not going to be happy- he thought I had been scammed as I had to wait over 3 weeks for the cage and now I’m not getting the run, at least I can do without the run for now but it's not the point is it!

Jacky

That is absolutely disgusting that he has done that - you paid your money as did everyone else fair and square why should you not get your prize that you won grrrr

what is the point in him re-drawing it?if he didn't want to give away a run in the first place he shouldn't have taken money from lots of people that is extremely unfair of him to be like this it makes me want to :)>>>

I hope this can be resolved as it is not fair on the people who won prizes he offered and the people that bought tickets for this

Hi Jacky, I'm sorry to hear what has happened :(

I know that there has been difficulties and the business is for sale, but honesty is an important part of life and I feel that if the run is not available then the money collected (less charity) should be sent to you so you are able to put it toward a run from somewhere else - otherwise where has the money gone?

The explanation you have put above doesnt make sense because if he was going to re-draw then the run is (or will be) available? so why cant it be sent to you at a later date? because you were the winner afterall

I dont think I will ever send money to any raffles over the internet again :(.

I also think the mods should look into this - we want to keep this site trustworthy dont we?

Yes that is what i don't understand, when i phoned him it was just to say that if it's still going to be another few weeks then i have no problem with that but i'm going to be moving offices in the next few weeks so it would need to be sent elsewhere- obviously i didn't get to explain that as he just said the business has been sold and because i have hassled him he will give me my money back, i then asked what about everyone else he said well i will re-draw then. I'm not sure how he would explain this to everyone else if this is the case as it isn't fair and other people were meant to have won prizes to so what about them? You're right it doesn't make sense!

Hi Jacky, I'm sorry to hear what has happened :(

I know that there has been difficulties and the business is for sale, but honesty is an important part of life and I feel that if the run is not available then the money collected (less charity) should be sent to you so you are able to put it toward a run from somewhere else - otherwise where has the money gone?

The explanation you have put above doesnt make sense because if he was going to re-draw then the run is (or will be) available? so why cant it be sent to you at a later date? because you were the winner afterall

I dont think I will ever send money to any raffles over the internet again :(.

I also think the mods should look into this - we want to keep this site trustworthy dont we?

Oh i forgot to add that he ran this competition on the rabbit forum, it looks like people did pay some money towards it (Just going off their comments) but it was never completed and nothing has been said about it (Apart from one post from him a couple of weeks ago explaining his problems) doesn't say anything about people getting their money back and so i have left a comment so others are aware.

Last edited:
A re-draw makes no sense at all! What is the reason for it?

I don't know enough UK law, but there are usually pretty strict laws about raffles/lotteries as it's a perfect base for scams.

I hope this is just a series of unfortunate events that have piled up, but until it can be proven a legitimate business, honouring deals again, all adverts for it should be removed from this site.

A re-draw makes no sense at all! What is the reason for it?

I don't know enough UK law, but there are usually pretty strict laws about raffles/lotteries as it's a perfect base for scams.

I hope this is just a series of unfortunate events that have piled up, but until it can be proven a legitimate business, honouring deals again, all adverts for it should be removed from this site.

His reason is i caused him too much hassle! Which isn't fair as i was always polite and never once had a go at him, all i ever asked was when could i expect the cage to be delivered and it's not as if i phoned him that often but he did mess me about a fair bit- kept telling me it would be next week then i wouldn't hear or recieve anything, i always left it a week between phone calls so it really wasn't many.

He even phoned me and asked me to wait in on a Monday and Tuesday between 7 and 8 in the morning as he would deliver it in person as there was a problem with the courier company, he just didn't turn up- he had sent a mail on the monday night at 10PM but i didn't read it until i got into work on Tuesday- he had my mobile number! I had loads of time to make up at work that week cause i was so late in both days :(

Last edited:
I know how much hassle you've had from this bloke Jacky as you've kept me informed and asked me what you should do.

My thoughts on the matter are that he is a complete scammer!

1. There's nothing wrong with finding out about whats going on with your run. If he gave you dates/times as to when you would get it, and not honor these timelines, then he is in the wrong and of course you have the right to chase him about it. He's a business and should understand the commitment a business requires, otherwise, what the hell is he doing!?!?

2. If he has personal problems like what he told you, then why did he run the competition in the first place?!?! If the problems came while the competition was going on and he didn't think he could handle it, then he should have stopped the comp and refunded everybody their money!

3. What is the point of a re-draw?!?! After the way he's mistreated you, no one will want to buy a ticket from him. Plus why have a redraw when you won fair and square. If he thinks you're hassling him, surely the way to get you off his back is to send you the bloody run then he doesn't run the risk of this happening to him again...what does he think!?! Someone else won't start wondering why the run, they won fair and square, hasn't turned up and just forget about it!?!?! NO WAY CHUM!

4. I hope he plans to refund everybody their money because this is bang out of order, I bought one ticket and I know others bought more than one! If he doesn't plan to refund everyone their money then I agree with piggiepaws post that he should donate you money so that you can buy a run. Those things aren't cheap and I know you can't afford to go out and buy one willy-nilly. So THE LEAST he can do is give you £50 to get one!

I certainly won't be ordering from him if he feels this is an acceptable way to treat his customers and competition winners!

Last edited:
i also had him pm me last year offering to help out my rescue with funds from the sale of there cages and runs but i never received any thing i think he saw all of us as an easy target and used that to gain hin self some money,how many other forums is he on doing the same thingrolleyesgrrrr

Just would like to add.....I would report him to trading standards! I have a feeling he has broken the law!

I know of numerous sites he offered this competition on...I shall be informing them of what happened so nobody gets caught out!

I was one of the people in the competition and as far as I am concerned you won fair and square. I wouldn't want it re-drawn because its yours. It was a bit of fun but at the end of the day he made more than the worth of the run and everyone was happy that you won it. It makes no sense to redraw it. He needs to send you the run. Simple as.

This is disgusting so sorry that you have been duped. I have posted in the staff room where myself and the other mods/admin will discuss this further.

I'm REALLY worried now. I have just ordered a 4x3 C&C cage from this guy, and sent him the £100 for it through Paypal. Has he stopped trading then, if he says he isn't running the business now? I phoned him and he said he would supply the cage for me, no mention of him not being in business any more.

I can't afford to throw away £100, but worried about calling to chase up in case he sees it as me "harrassing" him.

Beki

This is really disappointing. To be honest, if he hasn't sent the run by now it seems to me that he has no intention of sending it.

Personal problems are no excuse as surely the run is an item he has in stock and he just needs to send it to Jacky. I can't believe he is coming up with such a feeble excuse that she hassled him. He really should have been grateful that she was buying an extra item from him as the profit from the cage would have made some more money for him and if he was smart he could have saved money on the carriage by sending them both together.

Also, it makes me think that if Jacky has not received her run then what about all of the £5s and 50ps that were pledged to rescues from the items that were sold here? Has any rescue ever received any money from him?

I have to say that I was already annoyed at this company because I stated in the fundraising forum that I was making and selling cozies before Christmas starting from £6, all profits to a Chinchilla Rescue. Run-Rabbit-Runs then flooded the fundraising forum with all manner of similar products that they were selling for nearly half the price. I thought that that was very underhand to be honest. I couldn't see how they would manage to donate 50p to a rescue as it is very difficult to manage little jobs like that and you do tend to forget them unless you are super organised. In the end, I am still here and they are not...

So sorry for the hassle, Jacky. It was meant to be a bit of fun but it hasn't quite turned out that way.

I do agree that maybe something needs to be done to tighten the rules to make sure that forum users are not made vulnerable unnecessarily.

Just to add another example of internet scamming. I bought a massive roll of wadding on ebay and told the guy that I was selling things for charity, gave the address of my website etc. I asked for a combined postage discount which he gave and then said that he only had one roll which I bought. Knowing I was interested in the wadding, he then relisted his other rolls for £5 more! Couldn't believe the cheek of it, to be honest! Now, of course, they have gone back down to their usual price, but it just goes to show that they are out there...

Last edited:
I'm REALLY worried now. I have just ordered a 4x3 C&C cage from this guy, and sent him the £100 for it through Paypal. Has he stopped trading then, if he says he isn't running the business now? I phoned him and he said he would supply the cage for me, no mention of him not being in business any more.

I can't afford to throw away £100, but worried about calling to chase up in case he sees it as me "harrassing" him.

Beki

I can't comment on the details of this particular issue as I don't know anything about it, but I can say with complete certainty that if you paid via Paypal then your money is completely safe.

If the goods are not delivered within a reasonable time, you can raise a Paypal dispute and Paypal WILL refund all your money. You won't lose out as Paypal always sides with the buyer in cases like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back