• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

URGENT - teeth problem, need expert help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not, that is why I know something about guinea pigs!!!

Yes but not all vets are bad, it is down to us to find the right treatment for our animals. I know vets here who are experienced in birds and rabbits but not pigs.

Thankfully I was reccomended a vet by Nutmeg, Anne and Dave (from another forum) they are fantastic with pigs.

Louise glad she is getting over the worst. Big hugs, hope you are ok, not spoke to you in a while. x

PHSB
I hoped it would raise a smile.
What's the saying about "Many a true word said in fun"?

Ay but someone new to the forum may not recognise the humour! :(|) I'm far from a serious Mary myself but not many of us have access to Vedra, shes just a tad too far for me! i knew I should have gone and lived in Norfolk when I had the chance! mallethead

To be accurate the quotation is really
"Many a true word (is) spoken in jest"
I changed jest to fun in case Australians don't understand the ancient words we still use in England!!

If I am not careful I shall be transported to Australia. You sent us the Dame and Sir Les!!

lol well this post started off depressing and finishing off making me laugh! Thanks everyone x Thats what is so great about this forum! :))

Picked up my little Buffy last night, she was fine and quite perky. Vedra is fantastic, she managed to remove the stone with a tiny incension without the need for stitches, I could hardly see the mark! The stone was about as big as a baked bean! She is still struggling to eat on her own but she is desperate too eat but her teeth won't allow her to chew, so I'm still syringe feeding and she hates it.

When we got home last night as soon as we walked through the front door our pigs started squeeking for their dinner and then Buffy started squeeking, bless her. Hopefully her front teeth will start to grow soon, will keep you all posted.

Thanks everyone again x

Keeping my fings crossed for the little lady :)

Thank goodness you were able to get her to Vedra.

Teresa x

Yes but not all vets are bad, it is down to us to find the right treatment for our animals. I know vets here who are experienced in birds and rabbits but not pigs.

Thankfully I was reccomended a vet by Nutmeg, Anne and Dave (from another forum) they are fantastic with pigs.

Louise glad she is getting over the worst. Big hugs, hope you are ok, not spoke to you in a while. x

The vet we took marble to was brill he was great and his vets specialize in small animals thats why we took him there.

Ah glad to hear it Trudy, th eone we took Cuzzy too was just guessing, I'm glad I have a reliable vet now. You find that different vets at each practise are good at one thing and another may be good at something else which is great. :)

I was really worried when I got in from work last night, Buffy hadn't really moved since I left her in the morning and none of the food or water had been touch. She was very quiet, so I spent most of the night patiently syringe feeding/watering her (she hates it), chopping up tiny bits of veg and fruit which she liked to lick. She really wants to eat herself but after a few chews she just gives up, its heart breaking to watch. Does anyone know how long it will take for her front teeth to grow?

This morning she seemed a bit better and had managed a tiny nibble of a tomato, I really hope she can start to eat herself soon, she is soo tiny now, I weighed her last night and she is 615grms :...

The incisors grow about 2mm per week.
You must persist in offering her "proper" food in order that she has something to chew/grind to keep her back teeth worn down. What are you giving her by syringe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back