• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What time of day are your piggies most hungry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigTastic

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would have thought my piggies would be most hungry in the morning, when they haven't had any veggies since dinner last night. But strangely, they never seem that bothered! I usually give them something in the morning, then they get most of their veggies at lunchtime - however, they are always at their most starving at dinner time when they have been eating veggies and fresh hay all day... They wheek loads for their dinner, but hardly ever at breakfast time, is that unusual?!

My piggies are always hungry, they act like I never feed them!

There is a tiny window in time, when the furry bellys have been filled full of veggies and hay for around 7 minutes when I can honestly say their not hungry. Otherwise they need to feed..... and let me know so.

It looks like my two are a bit unusual then, they are always starving when they've just had veg, but not that bothered in the morning when they haven't had any for hours... Maybe they're just not morning pigs!

My pigs mostly act like the others, 24/7 hunger. However I would say they're most hungry when they're most active, in the evening. In the middle of the night-early morning they're asleep often so don't tend to bother me much.

Probably morning, that's when they make the most noise. But yeah, they beg for veggies everytime they hear anything - bag rustling, fridge opening etc even if they've just had food.

Basically whenever I walk in the room or look in their general direction.

Oh good god mine are permenanty after food! Haha mine start first thing in morning I have no chance of a lie In ever.

Mine always squeak for breakfast when they hear me come through to the living room. :)

I really do seem to have extremely well-trained and unusual piggies! They really do only wheek at very particular times - I'm starting to worry if they're OK now!

Mine don't wheek much at all and never loudly. They are always making little "talking" sounds though. :)

Mine have there veg in the morning so thats when there waiting in there breakfast area squeeking lots and lots ! As soon as I move out of bed they start ! But every couple of hours squeeking for fresh hay ! Never at night , thank goodness they know as soon as the tv goes off in the evening thats it till the morning :)

Mine wheek their little heads off if they hear my alarm and then when they see me wake up they both stand against the bars :)

Well the day after I posted that my piggies don't really wheek in the mornings... They went absolutely crazy wheeking for veggies as soon as I came downstairs, just to make me look silly! How did they know?!

all the time. pablo waits for me when i get up in the mornings at 5am and climbs up the bars like he has been starved by us for a week. when we go in the kitchen he will be at the bars on the off chance that we believe he is hungry and plow him with beans! he is constantly getting food from us, a truely spoiled piggy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back