• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

1 cup of vegetables?

mintpotatocc

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Is this enough or too much/little? Is there any benefit to feeding them twice a day (1/2 cup each time) rather than feeding him this all at once? Thank you!

shown below: green bell pepper, parsley, corn husk, broccoli, celery leaves, romaine lettuce, 1 raspberry, 1 blueberry

Attachments

• IMG_6339.jpg
    IMG_6339.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 20
Is that for two piggies? If yes then that is enough, though I only do one slice of pepper. I’d also add cucumber and a lettuce leaf each as well. Are the leaves at the bottom from celery and the one on top is parsley? If yes then I wouldn’t feed them in the same week. They’re both high in calcium.

One cup or 50g of veg per pig each day. Whether you split it into two halves is entirely up to you.
Keep high calcium items such as parsley, kale and spinach to once per week
Keep high sugar items such as fruit and carrots to once per week

Is that for two piggies? If yes then that is enough, though I only do one slice of pepper. I’d also add cucumber and a lettuce leaf each as well. Are the leaves at the bottom from celery and the one on top is parsley? If yes then I wouldn’t feed them in the same week. They’re both high in calcium.
One cup or 50g of veg per pig each day. Whether you split it into two halves is entirely up to you.
Keep high calcium items such as parsley, kale and spinach to once per week
Keep high sugar items such as fruit and carrots to once per week

Yes it's the bottom for celery! Thats great to know thank you! Oh this is for one piggy! I had two but had to rehome one due to unsuccessful bonding but I'm looking to get my piggy a friend. Is that too much for one pig? Thank you!

That’s the amount I would split between two piggies, though with less celery (a small slice). Do you give your pig any lettuce? Romaine and little gem are good ones. Pretty much all except iceberg. Coriander is another good herb of which you can feed 1-2 sprigs a day.

I do have lettuce but I do think I should give more lettuce based on what people are telling me. Wow they eat a lot less than I thought! I try to measure it in a cup measuring cup but I seem to be misinterpreting the amount. Thank you all!

My piggies daily veg is mostly leafy veg, lettuce and coriander is given daily and they also get a thin slice of cucumber each and bell pepper. I also add in some spring greens a few times a week.

It’s not much in the grand scheme of things. Hay is the biggest bulk of their diet (at least 80%) with veg a very far behind second (15%). As an example, my piggies get a lettuce leaf in the morning (as long as I have some). In the afternoon they then get 1-2 sprigs or coriander, a slice of pepper, slice of celery if I have any and a green bean. Sometimes they don’t get all that but I try and make sure I at least have pepper, lettuce and coriander in stock.

It’s not much in the grand scheme of things. Hay is the biggest bulk of their diet (at least 80%) with veg a very far behind second (15%). As an example, my piggies get a lettuce leaf in the morning (as long as I have some). In the afternoon they then get 1-2 sprigs or coriander, a slice of pepper, slice of celery if I have any and a green bean. Sometimes they don’t get all that but I try and make sure I at least have pepper, lettuce and coriander in stock.
My piggies daily veg is mostly leafy veg, lettuce and coriander is given daily and they also get a thin slice of cucumber each and bell pepper. I also add in some spring greens a few times a week.

That's very helpful! I was worried I would overfeed with lettuce since some say not to give it everyday because it'll cause watery poops? But now I know, thank you!

Yes what you show in the photo seems a bit too much for 1 piggy. I usually split the veg and feed twice a day, as we have a piggy prone to bloat and I dont like her to get too much at once! I usually feed a small slice of pepper and a slice of cucumber daily, then rotate different leafy veg through the week- so 2 days they get coriander, 2 days they might get spinach, 2 days they get lettuce... mixed leaf salad bags are very good, that have a variety of leaves like a bit of chard, a bit of spinach, a bit of babyleaf or butterhead lettuce- my piggies like the leafy mix that has a bit of grated beetroot in, they usually get a bag of that as a treat on the day we do the grocery shopping!

Back