• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

2 Girls Piggies Need Help.

Fantastic to hear that the girls are getting so much care and attention from you, it seems that they really couldn’t have gone anywhere better to stay while they recover from their difficult start in life

panic stations . . dam piggie that eats and active is down 200 since Sunday. that has shocked us so much. We are struggling guys.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It's likely a mix of neglect and change of situation. If they haven't had much hay before then there may be teeth problems etc.
You are both doing an amazing job but if you are starting to feel stressed and out of your depth then perhaps looking to move them into a rescue sooner rather than later for the expertise and time needed to help these poor girls through

Just because she is eating doesn't mean she is eating enough and doesn't mean that you have done anything wrong. When Isobel had dental problems she looked like she was constantly eating and I think she tried a lot because she was hungry but just couldn't manage it and kept dropping food

ok. but on this forum we told weight and rapid loss is urgent and get food in and we are... doing that
We new lass and I'm not going to let this beat us. takin her to rescue wlll be time consuming and we dont have that.
we doing our best

Stress can cause sudden weight loss. Happened with my boar Charlie he suffered a back injury got stressed and upset and lost nearly 250g in a week because of it. Once I had him on pain meds and more relaxed he soon put the weight back on. I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all but I would get her checked with the vet asap just to be sure.

ok. but on this forum we told weight and rapid loss is urgent and get food in and we are... doing that
We new lass and I'm not going to let this beat us. takin her to rescue wlll be time consuming and we dont have that.
we doing our best

Yes that still stays correct David but it doesn't mean you have done anything wrong so far and I was also trying to reassure that it doesn't necessarily mean there this something serious going on.

She’s taken some syringed mush really well I’m please to say & she’s totally gorgeous. Together we can do it. I’ll give her rest for half hour then try with a little bit more. Come on little girlie xView attachment 86818

Bless her. Persevere with it Kath. Little and often. I'm sure she will get there

Ahh thank you. I must admit it’s my first time syringe feeding.... I’ve never needed to before. Thanks to this forum, the people, and the helpful guides, it’s made it a much easier job for me. The video that’s in the syringe feeding guide, of Helen from potteries syringe feeding a (very well behaved) piggy was really helpful to watch. Really helpful indeed.
What a great forum this is :love:
Thanks everyone I’ll keep you updated & I’ll take both these new little ones to vets tomorrow xx

Ahh thank you. I must admit it’s my first time syringe feeding.... I’ve never needed to before. Thanks to this forum, the people, and the helpful guides, it’s made it a much easier job for me. The video that’s in the syringe feeding guide, of Helen from potteries syringe feeding a (very well behaved) piggy was really helpful to watch. Really helpful indeed.
What a great forum this is :love:
Thanks everyone I’ll keep you updated & I’ll take both these new little ones to vets tomorrow xx

Yes it is isn't it? If only all piggies were so well behaved and cooperative!

Back