• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

2 Naughty Boars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, i am new in the forum.I have troubles with my guinea pigs 2 boars. We got them in july. They were around 3 month old. I dont remember when(its at least from november), but they started to fight. My fault didnt put everythin 2 in cage. I tried to keep them apart side by side. Didnt work , they were biting the cage and i was worried about the mouth injuries and the sound in the middle of the night started to get on nerves. The opened cage didnt work-they learned to climb out, jump over. (i never believed that they are able to do so!)than i stuck the cage top on each other. I needed change the sequence as one of the pigs still was going nuts. Today i was giving a floor time in a new way and they escaped. Never heard a sounds how they were making, it was a new level. We seperated quick, because ones there was a blood and dont want them to be injured. You can not keep them in lap in the same time too. Who is the guilty one-hard to say, but they hate each other definitely. The question is should I continue two cage no interaction or try to give away one pig and get a new friend? I cant get 3rd. Husband dont agree. He also dont want give away one pig. What would you do?
Many thanks in advance
Trouble

Oh gosh, I'm sorry for the problems you are having. If they have drawn blood it does not sound hopeful that they will ever get on. I really think its a shame for a piggie to live a solitary existence but I can see why you worried about the bar chewing. I can so see why you do not want to rehome one to free up space for a "friend".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back