• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

2013 Weightloss/Dietng Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have completely messed up any weight I have lost by binging.

Is that the case though? Are you back to where you started? There's been weeks where I've gained, but overall it's going down...you can't let a gain get you disheartened and give up.

I'll post a photo of my weight loss chart when I get home, there's so many ups and downs its like a mountain range!

I was quite shocked when I weighed my 3 year old this week - he's 2 and a half stones (about what I still want to lose). I'm effectively carrying him around all day, every day (and he really is heavy to carry). Has really made me think...

I know I post very unfrequent updates on here, but I'm annoyed.
The end of this year at uni had me so stressed out I ended up eating crappy stuff a lot, and I have successfully put any weight I have lost back on. If not more. Haven't braved the scales yet.

THIS IS AN ENDLESS CIRCLE OF MADNESS. :)) At least I can laugh about it. I'm going on holiday at the end of the month so everyone will have the joy of looking at a beached whale, whilst my boyfriend on the other hand has managed to tone up and looks rather nice. It's made me feel worse lol

Is that the case though? Are you back to where you started? There's been weeks where I've gained, but overall it's going down...you can't let a gain get you disheartened and give up.

I'll post a photo of my weight loss chart when I get home, there's so many ups and downs its like a mountain range!
Well for the past month I have gained each week and binged last night. I did not get weighed last week and know on Thursday when I go I will have put on even more.

I know I post very unfrequent updates on here, but I'm annoyed.
The end of this year at uni had me so stressed out I ended up eating crappy stuff a lot, and I have successfully put any weight I have lost back on. If not more. Haven't braved the scales yet.

THIS IS AN ENDLESS CIRCLE OF MADNESS. :)) At least I can laugh about it. I'm going on holiday at the end of the month so everyone will have the joy of looking at a beached whale, whilst my boyfriend on the other hand has managed to tone up and looks rather nice. It's made me feel worse lol

That really is annoying for you. As you have not weighed yourself you may not have gained as much as you think.

Well for the past month I have gained each week and binged last night. I did not get weighed last week and know on Thursday when I go I will have put on even more.

What do you binge on? And what time of day usually gets you?

Crisps,chocolate,ice cream,cake. I tend to want to eat from 2pm onwards. I always have breakfast.

Crisps,chocolate,ice cream,cake. I tend to want to eat from 2pm onwards. I always have breakfast.

Have a bigger lunch with plenty of protein. Also, if you don't buy it, you can't eat it. Instead, stock up on things that you can eat that will still satisfy your cravings - fruit, sugar free jelly/angel delight etc. I buy the individual packs of "guilt free snack" products from M&S as if I open a packet of biscuits, they'll all be gone....I find I can eat one small individually wrapped portion and it satisfies me.

Could it be boredom setting in too?

Yes it is boredom but mostly it stops me thinking of things I do not want to think of. I tend to use syns going to a cafe as going out for a drink and cake is what cheers me up. Thank you for your help.:)

I have stayed the same this week. My binges tend to be lots of something all at once. I saw a jamaica ginger cake on offer so I bought and then ate the whole thing last evening - which is why I have stayed the same overall. I find it really difficult to control this kind of binging, it just undermines the efforts I put in to actually trying to lose weight and I know this, but I can't help myself. So I completely sympathise with anyone else who has willpower issues as well.

I have stayed the same this week. My binges tend to be lots of something all at once. I saw a jamaica ginger cake on offer so I bought and then ate the whole thing last evening - which is why I have stayed the same overall. I find it really difficult to control this kind of binging, it just undermines the efforts I put in to actually trying to lose weight and I know this, but I can't help myself. So I completely sympathise with anyone else who has willpower issues as well.
Gosh that is something I would do. Even with something healthy like fruit I will eat too much! I totally understand how you are feeling. It is positive you stayed the same rather then gaining though.

Sarah, I totally understand too. It really annoys me when people talk about 'just cutting down' as if it's something really easy - I hate being such a slave to my lack of willpower and self-discipline - if I could just 'cut down' I would bloomin well do it, but it really isn't that simple for me...I'm very much an all or nothing sort of person and just find myself lurching between silly extremes... :(

Sarah, I totally understand too. It really annoys me when people talk about 'just cutting down' as if it's something really easy - I hate being such a slave to my lack of willpower and self-discipline - if I could just 'cut down' I would bloomin well do it, but it really isn't that simple for me...I'm very much an all or nothing sort of person and just find myself lurching between silly extremes... :(

The danger with an all or nothing attitude is you may be in the nothing and starve. :( I hope you do not do that.

Marks and Spencer "guilt free snacking" range is my saviour! I seem to have discovered willpower that I've never had before. At Easter there was a giant bag of mini eggs at work. I ate one. A single mini egg. Now THAT'S will power :))

I honestly feel like this time, something has clicked. Now is my time that I want to do this. I've had gains (gained 0.9kg last week, oops!) but for the first time ever, I'm going in a downward direction.

I'll post my weightloss chart in a second...

Since 1st January 2013 - a long way to go yet!
970192_658118514203143_445223897_n.jpg

That's brilliant Amanda, definitely a downward direction. I think if I compare my overall weightloss to yours since January then mine is a similar sort of pattern, with gains but downwards overall. That is a really good feeling, occasional gains don't matter as long as the trend is downwards is a very good way to look at it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back