3 Boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
It isn't impossible, but the odds of keeping a boy trio together for any length of time are against you. Boys are best in pairs and anything larger rarely work out.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Trios have at best a less than 50% chance of working out. Sub-adult boar trios are worst: they have a fall-out rate of around 90% in the first year. :(
Boars are best kept either as pairs or in groups of 10+ with 1 square metre space for each boar for it to work.

Tyanna

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's ok! I was just looking for one more piggy addition, but that will have to wait until I know I can have space for TWO piggy additions instead of one, since I wouldn't be able to add the boy to my bonded pair. I don't want to risk anything!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
That's ok! I was just looking for one more piggy addition, but that will have to wait until I know I can have space for TWO piggy additions instead of one, since I wouldn't be able to add the boy to my bonded pair. I don't want to risk anything!
Wise words! I would also recommend to wait and see how your boys get through their big hormones in the first place.

Tyanna

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Around what age would that be? I have recently expanded their house and they are bickering less, but I'm sure they'll start up when they get older!

Status
Not open for further replies.