• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

3 cages, 2 hutches and 2 runs in 3 months....is this a record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teejay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, I got my two boars, Pudding & Squeak as a Christmas present from my lovely OH, and he also bought an 80cm indoor cage to house them. My parents also bought me an outdoor hutch as my Christmas present from them. So, in effect, I was fully kitted out with homes for my gorgeous piggies! My original plan was to have them indoors during the winter, then outdoors in the Spring/Summer.

However (not wishing to sound ungrateful here!) the outdoor hutch from my parents was awful......too small, too low to the ground, not secure enough, just not good. So, I shopped around and got myself a lovely 5ft solid wooden outdoor hutch built on top of an outdoor run.

At around the same time as I got the wooden hutch, I came to the conclusion that the 80cm indoor cage was absolutely not big enough for two fast-growing and boisterous boars, so we moved them into the hutch (which we kept indoors).

We sold the 80cm indoor cage and we sold the original outdoor hutch.

The piggies were happy in the wooden hutch (indoors) but I didn't really like having a outdoors hutch in the house (just didn't look right!) so I splashed out on a fabulous mahooosive 152cm long indoor cage and moved the boys into that.

I then turned my thoughts to runs.........as well as the run built into the outdoor hutch, I wanted something bigger for them to enjoy the summer out in the garden, so I snapped up a bargain second-hand folding metal run (5ft x 4ft) on ebay. I also wanted to give the boys more room while they were indoors, so I bought a pop-up fabric hexagon shaped play pen for them to have access to while we were out at work.

However, over the past couple of weeks, I've really been having a change of heart about the boys going outdoors in the summer; i love having them in the house with us and I shudder at the thought of them being killed by some wily old fox.

Sooooo.......I've now purchased a 100cm 3-storey indoor cage and I plan to keep them indoors with us permanently (apart from when they're out in their run on nice, warm days). So I'll be selling the 152cm cage very soon! (The 152cm cage never really fitted into our living room properly, it is just too long and takes up too much space).

Sorry for the epic post! But is that a record......all that chopping and changing in a three-month period! And, needless to say, it's all cost me a fortune! LOL! But they're worth it.

Tracey

I too am selling a playpen and a big cage both bought a month ago.

I got the essegie too and today i am buying mesh cubes to make a bigger playpen.

I do like the playpen but i felt not big enough.

Hi Sonia.......it sounds like I'm a bit like you, I keep trying things and thinking that I can do better.......you know what they say; it's a woman's peroagtive to keep changing her mind! Hehe! :o

Hun i dread to think what i've spent in 2 months..my OH and son are not impressed with me.

Yeah i keep getting brain waves to make things better...i wish i'd done it how i've done it from the start lol oh well the piggies are happy bless them x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back