• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

3 Legged Guinea Pig Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guineapigrule8

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a 3 legged guinea pig and I have been trying to introduce her to a friend both guinea pigs are female. The 3 legged guinea starts squeaking loudly and stops moving when ever the other guinea pig comes near her and the other guinea sometimes does light teeth chattering they are separated for the time being but I am concerned. They are they are about 4 months in age apart.

It sounds like the 3 legged piggie is squealing in submission. Have you read the guide on behaviours and bonding.

Hello. Welcome to the forum. When you have two guinea pigs, one will be dominant. They will chase and mount the other pig to show this. The other pig will be submissive and will squeal to say they are not a threat. This does look worse then it is so do not worry. I would try them together in a neutral space with food as a distraction. You can place them into the clean cage once they are getting on.

I will try that again the other guinea pig is 6 months old could she be in the hormonal stage.

Thanks for you useful information hopefully they will become the best of friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back