5 Happy Piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh, they are lovely piggies! Alfie must be a happy boy with 4 lovely ladies all to himself!

I hope so!

I noticed mine first eating them when they were in their outdoor run. Now I collect nice clean, dry ones from the park when I walk my dog!

I've given them for years and never had any problems!

I didn't know leaves were okay for them to eat... a new discovery every day! Beautiful piggies. :love:

Ps didn't know they could eat dry leaves... But when we've had a wayward one in the run they've always played with them. Any particular trees to use or avoid?

My piggies have an unusual taste they nibble on brown holly leaves. I don't know why they like them so much as they are prickly.

They are sycamore leaves, I seem to remember trying Oak leaves, but they didn't go down so well! You wouldn't think it would be that different, it's a dead leaf!

I think if you stick to clean, dry leaves from the 'normal' sorts of trees in garden and parks. I think guinea pigs are quite good at knowing what they should or shouldn't eat!

They are sycamore leaves, I seem to remember trying Oak leaves, but they didn't go down so well! You wouldn't think it would be that different, it's a dead leaf!

I think if you stick to clean, dry leaves from the 'normal' sorts of trees in garden and parks. I think guinea pigs are quite good at knowing what they should or shouldn't eat!

Good job they didnt like oak leaves, i'm sure i have read somewhere that oak leaves are poisonous for guineas.
love the pigtures though they're such a lovely herd too :wub:

I didnt know they eat leaves I have woods at back of me can they eat any kind of leaves ? X

Awwwh look at them all! Sooo cute! :roll:

& yeah oak leaves are poisions to guinea pigs! So make sure you don't pick up an oak leaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back