• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

5 Weeks Of Being A Slave To The Piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmfor

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Loving it! It's getting better all the time, especially as the weather is so good at the moment.

Their personalities are really showing now. Cocoa (the brown one) is very loud and much more confident than Hermione. Cocoa will come out and get the food first, however Hermione then steals it off her! Cocoa is also starting to take food from my hands (if I stay still!). When I put them in the run and start cleaning their hutch out they get super verbal, squeaking very loudly and jumping around the run. Also when I get up in the morning and open the back door they seem to get really excited, I think they are used to the routine of me popping some peppers and some Kale in the hutch first thing! They seem happy when I pick them up at the moment, but we aren't quite ready for the children to start handling them too much. They do have a cuddle with them from time to time, but my daughter gets a little freaked if they attempt to move whilst she's holding them so it's not been entirely successful. My son is a little better. I've found getting the children to sit in the run with them has been great, they children think it's great that the girls will run over their hands and feet and come very close if they stay still.

I'm hoping that by the time winter comes they will be a little calmer so we can have them inside when cleaning out the hutch. Currently they are still quite skittish and almost impossible to get hold of, although cocoa is starting to let me stroke her, if I try to pick either of them up they bolt, the only way I can do it is with the tunnel, they seem to be getting used to this and will both go in it together when transferring them from hutch to run.

Thought I'd add some pics for you all to see
11407289_10153398526511823_2711331198362749331_n.jpg

11392811_10153398526486823_3247771155640054991_n.jpg

Gorgeous piggies! Glad you are enjoying being a pig owner! :)

:DAaawww, cuties! I bet they go bonkers in all that space on the grass! :yahoo:

They're such sweet little things aren't they, glad your enjoying them!

oooh they are beautiful :nod: :luv::wub:
hermione looks like 2 different piggies looking at her from both sides... dont think she has a best side.. loving both sides :love:
@Kerrie74 both cocoas look like my past piggy Turbo :wub:
xx

You are right about hermione. She does look completely different on each side! Major achievement with them this week, they are now allowing me to pick them up from the hutch. It started with them taking food from my hands, to them allowing me to stroke them in the hutch, to cocoa allowing me to pick her up (previously I've had to catch her in the tube) so I brought her in the house and got her settled with my son, Hermione was worrying and squealing because her sister had gone, then she actually allowed me to pick her up too. We got them both settled on towels on the children's laps and it was so cute. The children were made up. They've been so patient, it was such a reward for them! I was surprised how calm the guineas were. So I've done it again today (just me and them this time as the children were at school) they were more than happy to snuggle up on my lap (see my profile pic) x

@Emmfor I'm from Derby too :) Horaay for us Derby lasses :)

Sounds like they're getting more relaxed in leaps and bounds. Sometimes it takes a very long time so you're all doing really well :) They are absolutely gorgeous xx

Yay for the derby lasses!

I'd warned the children that it could take months. I still won't let the children pick them up out of the hutch. That's going to take time. But my son can get them in the tube and transfer them safely to the run, which means he can clean the hutch with his sister now! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back