• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

6th Possible Piggie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggieHerd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a bit excited :drool: We might adopt our 6th piggie from the piggie rescue. We are planning on going this Saturday for Health checks on our 5 piggies (free of charge, something the piggie shelter provides- nail clipping, ear cleaning, mite prevention med, overall physical for my girls). She recently posted a video of a Momma piggie who weaned her babies and is currently acting like a surrogate momma to another piggie. I fell in love with the pup and the momma piggie who is 2 years old.

If the Momma piggie hasn't been reserved we might get her or the pup or both if I can convince my other half to adopt both piggies, of course there is a 3 week waiting period for the pup and momma, but at least we can tell her that we are interested. SO EXCITED!

I've already bought new fleece (much longer) so it will be able to cover the entire C&C if we expand it longer.

Exciting news, they will have a great home with you. Keep us updated on how everything goes :) Hope everyone passes their health checks too with flying colours

Great news! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can take both; it will make it easier for them to settle in.

We didn't get a chance to g0 to the rescue this weekend because I had to visit my sister at the hospital. However, the Rescue informed me that the little bundle of fur is no longer drinking from the surrogate and is eating hay, pellets and veggies and will be adoptable this coming Saturday.

I told the Rescue that my Appt is on Saturday and told her that if she gets along with our herd then we would like to adopt her. The lady at the Rescue said, "the piggie will be waiting for you (meaning she will reserve the piggie for us)". Btw she is a teddy.

Can't wait for Saturday (Feb 21)

This the baby teddy, this picture is from Los Angeles Guinea Pig Rescue and was given a temporary name of Baby Bonsai. I am thinking of renaming her "Teacup" not set in stone.

Teacup_zpsoefegoie.jpg

Last edited:
oh my gosh. She is adorable! and I really like the name teacup. what a cutie.

Oh my gosh how cute!!! Thank you for tagging me, what a gorgeous Piggie!!! You are so lucky :))

Hmmm, wonder how much flights to LA are? Lol! Seriously she is one of the most beautiful teddies I have seen x

It is official, I got the email from the Rescue this morning that she is mine on hold if my herd accepts her :drool:. The Rescue rarely reserves piggies for people and it is a first serve, first come policy which I don't blame them since so many people commit to adopting and never show up for the appointment. However, she knows us to be the whacky weirdo couple who spoils the herd :D and adopted majority of the our piggy from her.

I've always wanted a Teddy, but the only place you can get them is through a breeder around here an I've never seen Teddies sold in the chain pet stores either. The foster also informed me that she is quiet, sweet and haven't found her voice yet. I have no problem because I am sure that our Snowball (our loudest wheeker) will teach her.

Is it Saturday yet?

Bad news everyone, just got an email from the rescue and she did a double look and it turns out Baby Bonsai is a boy and not a girl....darn. I was hoping to have a teddy now just have to wait until another one is available for adoption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back