• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This week, i have made two home made cage liners! I cant sing there praises enough. These are pictures of one of the cage sets and below is the costing for making them. So worth it.

IMAG_0097.jpg

IMAG_0100.jpg

Paw print fleece - £3
Cream fleece -£2.50
Christmas fleece-£3
Matress protector - £8

Total cost for 2 cage liners £16.50 (not including my time)
(it took me aproximatly one whole day (10 hours) to make these. Yes, that is long :)) )

Extras – marking chalk
Pins
Thread
Sewing machine (could be done by hand but would take somewhat more time)
Scissors
Patience

If anyone is interested in more detailed instructions on how i made mine, just ask and i will write it out. :)

Well done! You have done a fantastic job. You have so much patience. I never could spend a whole day making one!

Haha. I didnt actually do it all at once, i did 6 hours at the weekend, then 4 hours of an evening because they needed changing to the next one! hehe.

Haha. I was searching for a tutorial and i realllyyy couldnt find one! But that looks great. typical.

Haha. I was searching for a tutorial and i realllyyy couldnt find one! But that looks great. typical.

I make them different now and they take an hour and half to two hours for a 2x4 C&C, the more you make the quicker and neater they are and i had made plenty before selling them, but they are addictive and you *** want them in every poattern you can get lol (I'm making my self some xmas ones soon:)))

Haha, I had to make a christmas one, because that was the fleece i had! I'm a student.. so i dont like to spend money unless i have too.

I do like playing with my boys cage, but it costs me a fortuneee.

Dunelm mill havre fleece cheap regularly that's where I got my xmas ones from also tia knight on ebay sells it £3.99 per metre, I started making things cos I bought loads and my piggies chewed it all! They necer chew fleece and its a great fabric comes up like new after washing and available in loads of colours and patterns I'm a fleece addict lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back