• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A bunch of questions

Mo & Stubbins & Vani

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! :)
I have a bunch of questions, but I did not want to take over the forum with multiple threads, so I thought that this might be a good place to ask.
1. I usually "tuck in" the piggies at around 9 pm, but do not go to bed until 12 pm. I spend the time between in a separate room of the house reading. The problem is, I will no longer be able to use that room, so I will have to use my own. I know that the piggies spend between 9 pm and 12 pm sleeping. If I switch their schedule and have the lights on for that time, will their sleep pattern be interrupted?
2. I usually do not use an alarm clock as I have always woken up at the same time every morning. Lockdown has me way off my normal wakeup time, however, and I need to start setting my alarm. I have never really used one around the piggies before, and I am worried that I will startle them. Any thoughts?
3. Due to Stubbins' past health issues, she has to take supplements (prescribed by her vet, of course). The extra Vitamin C she gets is fed in a treat form, and Mo and Vani always try to steal Stubbins'! The vet actually said that I can give Mo and Vani their own, as well. Stubbins is just the one who needs the added Vitamin C more than my other two. Tonight, I noticed that Stubbins was wandering around instead of eating her treat, which is odd, as she loves them. I soon found out that Vani ate hers as well as her own. The vet said one tablet per pig (as does the box), and I am just a bit worried. Can she take in too much Vitamin C? It is a supplement and not a medication, so I am relieved, but still a bit worried.

Oops!
I forgot to add that the piggies do get a wide variety of veggies usually 7-9 different types every night (including bell peppers, of course).
Mo and Vani have had the sniffles in the past, which is why it was recommended that they have a bit of added Vitamin C in their diet (aside from what they receive from veggies).
My closet is practically a guinea pig pharmacy!

that really won’t matter. I’d be surprised if they were actually asleep between 9 and 12. Piggies tend to nap in short bursts throughout the entire 24 hour period.

they will Probably wonder what the sound it as first, but I wouldn’t worry about this either. It’s no different to the sudden sound of a phone ringing

I would just hold it and feed it to Stubbins and If she doesn’t eat it there and then, then I’d remove it and offer it to her later.
Piggies who are otherwise healthy get all they need vit c wise from their diet. Excess vit c is simply excreted in the urine, so if they are getting all they need from the diet, you then give extra, likely most of it is just wasting your money! mo and Vani May have been poorly in the past, but if they aren’t now then giving the extra vit c isn’t really serving a purpose any more.

Back