A Creative Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
This afternoon I finally decided to get my sewing machine out and give this fleece liner a shot. The fleece is new and from Primark, as the hutch is 6ft I had to buy their extra large ones for it to be big enough (£6) and then it has a layer of mattress protector and a layer of terry towel (free from a local charity that has closed down and it was going to go in the bin). Obviously one isn't going to last long so it looks like I'll be working on the next one tomorrow evening after work.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Looks fab! I'm having a go at maker liners soon too.
Yours have turned out great! :)

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks fab! I'm having a go at maker liners soon too.
Yours have turned out great! :)
I had a bit of a mare, I went to put the layers together and realised I didn't leave a few cm's extra on the sides for the seams! So I couldn't do the easy way of shoving them together and turning them inside out... so it took me much longer and there were a few tangles with the sewing machines, the odd swear and to finish it all a broken needle lol :)) still it's done and I've learnt for the next time

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had a bit of a mare, I went to put the layers together and realised I didn't leave a few cm's extra on the sides for the seams! So I couldn't do the easy way of shoving them together and turning them inside out... so it took me much longer and there were a few tangles with the sewing machines, the odd swear and to finish it all a broken needle lol :)) still it's done and I've learnt for the next time
I've got all this to look forward to then! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.