• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A day alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleksarah

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going to visit a friend tomorrow which has been planned for a while and she has now asked us to stay over which would mean the piggies being left alone from 9am tomorrow til about lunch time wednesday.
i feel so bad as the longest ive left them is from 5pm til 11am the next day and boy do i get shouted at as breakfast is late!
this is going to mean them missing 2 meals (obviously i will give them extra food) and i know they will not be happy (Rascal will have rspca on speed dial!)
have you got any advice or any words to make me feel better about doing this,its too late notice to get someone to call in
they will be ok wont they?

how many piggies do you have? can they not go with you?

i think your piggies will be fine hon, i have left mine for that amount of time just leave your heating on and plenty of stuff.

If we lived nearer i would have had them for you x

I think they will be fine :) ive left mine for a day once and I just gave them extra food to last them till the next day I am sure they will be fine

They should be fine... they will deffo shout at you when you get back, but will soon forgive you once you give them a special treat drool

I find some extra nice veggies when you get home stops them sulking :))

I think it's fine to leave them for the odd day, as long as they have plenty of food and water. They're a handy animal cos they don't need walks and you can leave loads of hay just in case they run out of food or whatever. :)

If I ever go out with friends and stay at their houses, I usually just leave loads of food and water for my rabbits and guinea pigs, and I get my dad to mind the cats and dogs, but it'd be too much hassle for him to mind the others too. I don't do it too often and I always worry they'll run out of food or water, but I leave them so much that they always have loads left when I get home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back