A guinea pig legacy..

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Some of you know that I lost my beautiful girl, Mischief a couple of weeks ago. Not a day goes by when I don’t think of her and miss her terribly. The legacy from her and another beautiful girl, Cagney, both of whom chose to live their last few years overlooking their herd but not physically part of it. Is that we have a wonderful 12 ft square cage built above the current pen. My current herd are aware of it, but it represents a safe place for those that need it.

today I got an email from the wonderful lady I adopt from, asking if I could take on two very sad and scared girls and give them a forever home. So tomorrow I go and pick them up and we will embark on another Guinea pig adventure. We cannot wait to give these two lots of love, care and respect and welcome them to our home. It is a fit and just way to remember those Guineas who have taught us so much over the years.

pictures will follow soon!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It's lovely that you can give traumatised piggies a lovely home and help them to lead the happy life that they should have had from the beginning. Look forward to piccies when they have settled in.
Thank you! It’s so rewarding as well. Sometimes they take a surprisingly short time and others much longer. But they can take as long as they need. Will keep you posted!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well they are home...obviously very nervous and currently hiding as you would expect. they are beautiful black Abyssinian x. Very pretty and beautiful soft coats. Cannot wait to cuddle them and tell them it’s ok but I have to patient for now. Pics soon!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So the best thing we ever did was put a video camera in the shed! It’s great to spy on them without bothering them. The girls have been having a good time, eating loads, drinking and generally looking very happy. Clearly fleece tunnels are the way to go judging by their fascination with them! Of course if I go in, they whiz off and hide but that’ll change. They seem very happy and seem to like their new environment. Fingers crossed they continue to be as happy.

thank you for all your kind messages!