A little note to my Higgins

Two_Wheeks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Little Higgins, aka Higgidins, Chavez-chavez, Hard-to-Handle..

You weren't going to come home with us, but when I picked up Gibson you came running out shouting as loud as you could, while everyone else scarpered. It was a sign, and home you came.
Your first go at floor time you spent hiding in a slipper, but you soon got used to the way that worked, especially if there was packing paper to burrow into and run around under. Your rumblestrutting was legendary, humping Gibson's head and cutting his hair at every opportunity. Running away with whatever food you snatched out of the bowl, munching it in a quiet, dark corner, just in case.. I've never seen a piggie tuck into cucumber quite the way you did, stripping the skin off in one circular chomping. Oh, and the tomato seeds stuck to your nose, bathing them off with warm water.
You were a nervous little bean, unless it was me or your daddy nuzzling your nose or giving you food. Your safest place was up on the roof of your house, tucked under a fleece blanket that you must have thought was the most secure cover you could be under. Your funny little noises when we stroked you while you slept there.
The wiggling ears when you wheeked at us. The mornings you woke us up when we were late with breakfast, with a shout louder than an alarm clock! And who can forget the dramatics over nail clipping!
The running, scrabbling up and down ramps, rumbling, popcorning...
You were a happy little soul.
When you decided it was time to go, you broke our hearts. We never expected such a tiny, small little bean to leave such an enormous hole in our lives. I cried, we cried, I cried some more. Sonny and Alan both knew you had gone (dog & cat), Gibson had already said his goodbyes when he sat on you in the cage, before you left us for good. I am pleased you were with us, warm and in our arms. I am honoured that you trusted us to be there when you needed our love the most.
You taught us the meaning of love, and of loss and grief.

We miss you, little Higgins x 26/05/2016 - 19/12/2020 x

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Oh what a beautiful boy Higgins was ❤ and such a lovely tribute to him. He had such a wonderful life filled with love and happiness, he sounded such a little character, I know how devastated you are feeling x
Sleep tight Higgins 🌈

Two_Wheeks

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. He was indeed a beautiful little thing. I still well-up thinking about him. We have some fur cuttings and his ashes, and his paw prints, too - though obviously he was as hard to handle after he'd passed as he was in his living life, judging by the paw prints!
15.jpg

rp1993

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Such a lovely tribute, and a gorgeous boy, sleep tight Higgins ❤

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss.
That is such a lovely tribute to a piggy who had a life filled with love and happiness.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve.

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
This lovely tribute made me cry. I too lost both my beautiful boys at the end of last year. Higgins will always be in your heart and your memories.

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
The pain will ease eventually and you will be able to remember all the lovely times you had together :hug:

Truffle and Coco

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Ah I really do @Truffle and Coco everyday I expect to see him in the run coming to say hello.. :(
Your pictures and words show he was loved and he had a life with you that any Guinea Pig could ever wish for. If he could I am sure he would have thanked you for everything. You will one day be able to think of him and smile again.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So very sorry for your loss. Massive hugs to you at this sad time.

Sleep well little one

RIP Higgins
x x