• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A much deserved tribute

Bradshaw Piggies

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I know it’s taken me weeks to get around to writing this, but most days it still doesn’t feel real. I’m ashamed that a part of me is just not willing to acknowledge that my boy is gone; another part of me very much heartbroken.
I want to now leave Loki the tribute he deserves: 🌈

Loki (with his brother Thor) came to live with us in November 2018 as a pair of bonded, young boars. The first pets I had had in years since growing up and buying a house of my own. I hadn’t had guinea pigs since childhood. Immediately it became clear that Loki was the cuddly, loving one and Thor was highly strung and mischievous (though if you are looking down on him now Loki, you will laugh, as he’s actually become quite the laid back, cuddly one)! Loki always loved his food! I hope he’s up there now, nibbling away on a pile of his favourite veggies. He was always the smart one too. Soon figured out that following me around would result in a snack or a cuddle. Loki was always the first to greet us and very much knew the sound of the fridge door! He wasn’t the lightest of piggies 🙈
Loki had such a lovely coat, with hair that grew in all sorts of different directions!
We have lots of videos of you playing and popCorning with Thor and will cherish them forever. Though you were only with us for 2 years, we hope that we made your two years wonderful.

Loki,
I blame myself every day and I’m so sorry that I left you at the hospital that day, thinking you would come home with me again soon. If I had known, I would have stayed, holding you till the very end. I’m sorry I let you down my boy 💕
Mummy and daddy miss you so much and think of you every day. We will love you always 💖💖💖💖💖
1F84DBDF-2DB6-46DB-9004-E6FAE069DB3F.jpegF7A747D3-F91B-41DC-8E9F-9C927F905F16.jpeg844A7EFB-9CDC-48E6-955F-85F3DD51D9AF.jpeg8FECEBA0-F5CA-4FA4-B1A2-57F2AF0BCAD6.jpeg4EC7C537-27DD-48AE-9ECA-0AA4972C5200.jpeg47BC2297-AAD4-4ACD-B217-054D050DD7A4.jpeg3B7305C4-1628-4575-B4E9-782E3CE46DBC.jpeg

I’m so sorry you lost Loki, but please don’t think you are to blame, you did everything a caring owner could have done and more, sending hugs, you’ve had such a rough time x
Sleep tight gorgeous boy 🌈

This is such a beautiful tribute for the wonderful Loki. While you wish you could have had more time with him, I'm sure those 2 years were the highlight of his life. He will be smiling down on you from the rainbow bridge. Popcorn free Loki ❤️❤️❤️🌈

A beautiful tribute for your beautiful boy. He knew he was loved. Also that you did everything you could for him. He will be having fun with all the other wonderful piggies at Rainbow bridge and filling his tum with veggies 🥰

What a gorgeous tribute to your boy, he was beautiful and sounds so special.
You were absolutely not to blame for anything and did everything you could for him, he knew he was massively loved. :hug:
Sleep tight Loki xx

Was a beautiful tribute to your gorgeous boy. I am so very sorry for your loss, huge hugs to you during this very sad time, please be kind to yourself.

Sleep well little one

RIP Loki
x x

What a gorgeous tribute and photos. His life may have been shorter than you’d like, but it was lived in love and comfort. Go gently as you grieve. Sleep tight little chap.

That fourth picture with the teddy bear....what a cheeky look on Lokis face! What lovely memories you must have to treasure 💜

This is beautiful tribute to your beloved piggy. Do try and focus on the happy times you had with Loki, he was obviously dearly loved. ❤

Back