• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A new more naturalistic enclosure 🌿

Bet they think Christmas has come early. That hay looks so lush, where on earth do you get it from?!

Thanks guys, I thought I'd save some laundry this week and not have half fleece as usual 😂 but they don't seem to be complaining! Might be a regular thing (although extra hay wastage but less laundry and smell) 😂😂

How are you going to tackle poo picking? And will you just take out all the hay?

How are you going to tackle poo picking? And will you just take out all the hay?
I tend to do a major full clean once a week where I remove all the puppy pads at once with all the hay (I tend to roll it all up and throw it away at once and then disinfect). Before the week is up I tend to leave the old hay as bedding and they seem to spread it out themselves so it evenly covers the puppy pads. They seem to like it and it seems to dry quickly and not smell surprisingly like the fleece does. If I see a puppy pad that is wet and the hay is looking past it's best I tend to replace it. I personally find it so much easier and less maintainance than fleece. There have been times when I've been unwell with Covid for example and I've left it a bit longer without replacing as regularly and found that old hay stays at the bottom containing poos but the fresh hay at the top keeps it dry but hopefully it won't come to that if I keep on top of it! :)

I think I see 7 piggies..?
Hehe yes 7 pigs it's really hard to get a picture with them all in! It's equivalent to a 6 x 6 C& C I think. I have C & C going around the front of the cage and it all used to be C&C at one point and then the correx came and I thought I could recreate it without! And thank you :)

Back