A New Piggy Has Joined The Tribe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have posted on another thread of yours yesterday, boars are best kept in pairs. Sub-adult boar trios have got a fall-out rate of over 90% before they reach adulthood. it is tricky enough to keep a hormonal pair together, finding the right balance between three hormonal boars is near impossible when the testosterone is raging. You will inevitably end with an outsider situation of some sort, either one making war on the other two or two ganging up against the third.
PS: Boar quartets are even more unstable.

You are much better off dating your new boy at a good rescue like we have advised you constantly in all your recent threads.

I double agree with the above. They're extremely unlikely to work together as a trio.

Maybe try getting your new boy a friend by taking him to rescues and boar dating him?

:/.

Boar trio's rarely work, even when brought up together from birth, I would also never add another boar to an already bonded pair as this can fluff up their bond. And you could have three single pigs. But I believe from the other thread I saw this morning, you was already given this information.

Sometimes it's better to have your original two pigs and learn with them before getting more, as now you will need to find him a friend now and dependent on his age and behaviour this could take a while.

Especially as if they get ill, can you afford the vet bills etc.?

And ensure they all have ample cage space, this new pig would also have to be quarantined first. It's 120 minimum for two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back