• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A New Self-made Cage, I'm So Happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeni

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Long time, no see :)!
After Akka passed away quite suddenly in early December I didn't really have much inspiration or motivation as a guinea pig owner. Me and my boyfriend Jimmy were of course quite sad. The piggie corner of our living room seemed quiet and empty since there were 20% less guinea pig personality. So, in order to cheer myself up (and the piggies too),I made a New Year's promise to make a new cage. Grid cage that I had was otherwise ok, but the floor was flooded with woodshavings, hay and poop. Also the only ones you get here in Finland are not too pretty to look at. So here's what I came up with ( though Jimmy built it because I had to go to see a ballet group at the time of the building process :whistle:):
_DSC1639_zpsdc02f9d2.jpg

Local woodsmith/carpenter cut the pieces out of plywood and also was firendly enough to cut the polycarbonate as well. I'm so happy with it! :yahoo:

Oh wow! Thats amazing! You have very lucky piggies! And very cute piggies too!
How long did it all take you to build it all?!

Thank you so much, everyone :)! It's great to get the inspiration back!
Oh wow! Thats amazing! You have very lucky piggies! And very cute piggies too!
How long did it all take you to build it all?!
It did't actually take that long at all, @A&T ! I made the measurements of it on last Thursday, the carpenter cut the plywood and polycarbonate on Friday (I also painted the plywood on Friday) and Jimmy built it on Saturday. That took almost all day, though. So about one weekend project :)

Aww that's a lovely set up and nice to see the Hairy Ladies again especially Mimmi

It did't actually take that long at all, A&T! I made the measurements of it on last Thursday, the carpenter cut the plywood and polycarbonate on Friday (I also painted the plywood on Friday) and Jimmy built it on Saturday. That took almost all day, though. So about one weekend project :)

Oh thats not too bad then! At least it didn't take long! Well it looks fantastic! I'd be a happy little piggy if I had an amazing house like that!
Also I'm so glad its given you some inspiration back, now you can enjoy your piggies all over again, like they're new :)

Looks amazing, loving the storage underneath. Sorry to hear of your loss of Akka, please feel free to leave a memorial to her in our Rainbow Bridge section

Welcome back. It is lovely to see your beautiful girls again. I am so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back