• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A Rare One Of Jude Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It was nail clipping day for Jude the rabbit today! I decided to try it without the towel that I usually wrap her in when I clip them. She did awesome! So awesome that I had my sister catch a photo of us together before she went back in the yard :) The only time I pick her up is when I trim her nails so usually the towel is the best idea, but she was super calm today :) It could be because she's finally starting to get used to me so I hope that nail trimming will be a cinch from now on lol! As it turned out, she didn't really need much of a trim- I imagine all the digging and running about is something of a natural trimmer for her!

I should also say that is was nice and "not freezing" outside so I was able to bring her inside for a few minutes without any harm :)

Omg shes adorable, shes a flemish giant right? I want one so bad
They're such sweethearts! I was watching her from the window yesterday laughing my butt off at her crazy antics- running all over and binkying! Haha! She also has this magpie friend that comes to visit her which I think is adorable. They're quite smitten with each other :) When I'm in the yard picking up the dog poo or whatever, she comes over and investigates and gets all in the way! She's also super smart! I usually use a few cheerios to lure her back into her pen at the end of the day but she totally has me figured out Lol The only downfall is that they need a TON of space! I couldn't make it work in the house so she stays in a heated area under my deck which is open (I have sides I put up when it's windy). She also HATES being indoors- I can only imagine it's because she's always lived outside- she was even born outside and I worry more about the weather than she does! She absolutely loves running all over her pen and causing general mayhem. She's never bitten me either, only a few scratches but those were on the rare occasions when I had to pick her up and generally most rabbits loathe that!

Ive heard they are the nicest breed of bunny? Have you had many of them or just her? Where did you get Jude? I have a lionhead named Ivy 9 months old and really very sweet but not much for cuddling but ive always loved the bigger breeds of rabbit especially flemist giants

Ive heard they are the nicest breed of bunny? Have you had many of them or just her? Where did you get Jude? I have a lionhead named Ivy 9 months old and really very sweet but not much for cuddling but ive always loved the bigger breeds of rabbit especially flemist giants
I've been told that as well. She's much more curious than my other bunnies who have all been lop mixes. I think maybe her size gives her a little more courage. She's my first Flemish Giant. She isn't much for cuddling either but I think that's a common rabbit thing. She likes to come over and investigate and she'll put her feet up on my leg or whatnot but that's usually as cuddly as she likes to get. Sometimes she's in a right cranky mood and won't come out of her house to visit lol :) I like just watching her pretend she's a wild bunny! I got her from a family on a farm that had too many rabbits and she was too small butcher so I told them I would take her. She's just the funniest little lady. They generally weigh at least 14 pounds at maturity and Jude is pretty much full-grown at 11.5 pounds. I base that more on the fact that she gets a ridiculous amount of exercise and stimulation. Her mother apparently weighed in at 19 pounds which is a ridiculously large rabbit. I do believe that when they are bred for meat they are fed quite a rich diet of grains etc. to increase their meat to bone ratio so I imagine that's why their rabbits were so large. I don't intend to eat her anytime soon :D Lol!

She also loves having her cheeks rubbed and enjoys being stroked from her ears back to her tail :)

Wow, it is really amazing that she was happy to be held. My poor bunny pants from fear if picked up.

Wow, it is really amazing that she was happy to be held. My poor bunny pants from fear if picked up.
She's usually the same way but she sat quietly for her nails to be clipped and everything. I think maybe the towel I usually use made it worse the last few times. I don't pick her up otherwise.

Awww shes lovely I have a continental gient called lil missy, she dont like being cuddled either lol. I have 4 bunnys rest are much smaller.

I've been told that as well. She's much more curious than my other bunnies who have all been lop mixes. I think maybe her size gives her a little more courage. She's my first Flemish Giant. She isn't much for cuddling either but I think that's a common rabbit thing. She likes to come over and investigate and she'll put her feet up on my leg or whatnot but that's usually as cuddly as she likes to get. Sometimes she's in a right cranky mood and won't come out of her house to visit lol :) I like just watching her pretend she's a wild bunny! I got her from a family on a farm that had too many rabbits and she was too small butcher so I told them I would take her. She's just the funniest little lady. They generally weigh at least 14 pounds at maturity and Jude is pretty much full-grown at 11.5 pounds. I base that more on the fact that she gets a ridiculous amount of exercise and stimulation. Her mother apparently weighed in at 19 pounds which is a ridiculously large rabbit. I do believe that when they are bred for meat they are fed quite a rich diet of grains etc. to increase their meat to bone ratio so I imagine that's why their rabbits were so large. I don't intend to eat her anytime soon :D Lol!

She sounds like a real character. Ivy is super curious and very smart but sometimes she can be very cranky
Yea I reaaly want a Flemish Giant anything you can tell me about the breed?

She sounds like a real character. Ivy is super curious and very smart but sometimes she can be very cranky
Yea I reaaly want a Flemish Giant anything you can tell me about the breed?
The only things I've noticed that are different from other rabbits are that they are friendlier and need more room than an average rabbit. They also make great house rabbits apparently. She uses her letterbox very well and only every once and a while I find a stray poop. Never pees anywhere but the litterbox. They also grow a winter coat if they live outside year round. Jude lives in a 23 foot x 13 foot enclosure and I let her outside in the yard for at least 4 hours a day. The most important thing for an outside cage is that they have somewhere to escape the damp and the wind.

Awwww! She is gorgeous with a capital G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back