• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A really odd question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is an odd question to ask but i didnt know weather anyone could help.

Ive got a double indoor cage for my girls at the moment, but I'm planning on adding them a huge run to the front so that can run about during the day. Thing is i want to cut a small hole out the side of the thing and pop a tube in so they can go in and out as they please and then block it off at night.

Any ideas how i can cut the bottom?
Heres a link to what i have at the moment....
http://www.justrabbithutches.co.uk/products/ferplast-rabbit-100-double-cage

and any good ideas on what i could pop on the floor in the run, i was thinking a picnic blanket as they have a waterproof bit underneath, would stop wee soaking onto the laminate flooring. Whats everyone else use? sorry I'm nosey.

Thanks in advance

x

I have a piece of lino on top of the carpet to protect it then a layer of newspaper and fleece on top. It works really well in the run.

Not sure how to cut the bottom sorry but I use a picnic blancket in the bottom of my ELD. Works a treat, obviously you then have o was the wrole thing though.

L

I recently joined two cages together with a chube. OH used a marker to draw round the cube then he had to drill lots of holes all round the line until the circle in the middle dropped out. Just be careful not to crack the base. Its frustratingly slow but you have to be so that you dont destroy the base.

and any good ideas on what i could pop on the floor in the run, i was thinking a picnic blanket as they have a waterproof bit underneath, would stop wee soaking onto the laminate flooring. Whats everyone else use? sorry I'm nosey.

I have my piggies cage on the floor with a run permanently attached and use a plastic tablecloth covered with towels and fleace, works really well, have litter trays in the cage area and hay tray and they do their business in there which keeps the 'run' area free from mess. I change it every 5 days, pop dirty towels in wash, clean plastic tablecloth with pet cleaner put down clean towels etc. and all done. :)

I have my piggies cage on the floor with a run permanently attached and use a plastic tablecloth covered with towels and fleace, works really well, have litter trays in the cage area and hay tray and they do their business in there which keeps the 'run' area free from mess. I change it every 5 days, pop dirty towels in wash, clean plastic tablecloth with pet cleaner put down clean towels etc. and all done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back