• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

A Sad Update On Fuzzums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
well we got fuzzums to the vets, they thought he had a chest infection or pneumonia so gave him 2 injections and some fluid (as he was dehydrated) but sadly by the time we got outside to the car he had passed away. I am devastated. My poor little man not even a year old and is no longer with us. Thank you for all your help

LisaAli

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... So sorry to hear this, run free little man... xx

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am ever so sorry for your loss! What a bummer!

I hope that you are OK?

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been in tears, I just can't stop thinking about him. Poor little guinea pig. And not only that, I don't know what to do about Roddy? And could the other piggies get it? I miss him

LisaAli

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been in tears, I just can't stop thinking about him. Poor little guinea pig. And not only that, I don't know what to do about Roddy? And could the other piggies get it? I miss him
It's a very sad time for you and Roddy, please have a look at this thread https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/looking-after-a-bereaved-piggy.109674/

Keep a eye on Roddy, it may be an idea to give him a little extra vitamin C in the form of his favourite bell peppers, as he will be grieving also. Massive hugs to you all... xx

@Wiebke can you suggest anything else..

P

piggyfan

Oh sweetheart, I really am so very sorry. I know this will hit you really hard. I am here for you if you ever need to talk.xx

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
HUGS!

Here are our tips for bereaved piggies: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/forums/behaviour-and-bonding.21/
Our good standard rescues locator: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/

I would however wait at least two weeks before you take a piggy whose companion has died from potentially infectious issues to a rescue for dating to make sure that you don't carry any bugs in. have you got some F10 disinfectant at home? I would recommend to clean and disinfect everything thoroughly and also to keep Roddy away from your other piggies for two weeks (quarantine).

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this :( Sleep tight little one x

Status
Not open for further replies.