• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A suitable indoor ‘play pen’ for my guinea pigs.

Emibee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good ‘play pen’ which I can use to exercise and interact with my two young piggies, please? Many thanks!

I bought a load of extra C&C grids. Cable tie them together, but leave the start and end free. Use two connectors to join the final panels when you want to put the pen up. Concertinas down nicely when not in use!

We have "Bunny Business" playpens you can buy from Amazon, they are made of eight sturdy 2ftsq hinged panels so make a floor area of 16sqft, you can also clip 2 together or clip a few c&c grids on to make a larger area- they also fold flat when not in use :)

I put an old mattress protector and a washable picnic blanket in the bottom to catch any accidents too. Here it is all folded up.

Attachments

• 0C9AB301-A907-402E-A9EF-527A49336165.jpeg
    0C9AB301-A907-402E-A9EF-527A49336165.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
I have the Bunny Business play pen which I bought on @PigglePuggle ’s recommendation.
I works very well.
So do I. I have an offcut of lino on the floor of my garage then a waterproof mattress protector and on top of that I have a piece of fleece and then the bunny business play pen. Works well for me and my piggies.

I have a children’s pop up play pen which folds back up again and has lots of floor space and a waterproof bottom. I now just let them roam in the bathroom, but back when I used it, I was able to sit in there with them too 😂

What do you use on the bottom as a lining? I'm debating towels but is this absorbent enough for them?

Thanks 😊

What do you use on the bottom as a lining? I'm debating towels but is this absorbent enough for them?

Thanks 😊

as a temporary lining for a playpen, then towels are ok but I personally wouldn’t use them for a permanent cage. It’s not the absorbency that is the issue, its the drying. Towels tend to just sit wet and not dry very quickly. You’ll want id
something plastic underneath towels though as any urine will just go straight through and make your floor wet

I have a few of these to corner off part of my kitchen. If you have escape artist piggies this might not be tall enough though. My cheeky boys have discovered they can put their paws on the top! They fold away well and are easy to put away/ get out. I put old towels down for floor time as they're usually only out for a few hours or so.
Metal Run for Small Pets

Back