• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A Tribute To Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatG

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Last night I lost the sweetest piggie I have ever had the pleasure to know. His name was Luke. He was nearly 7 years old.
He had just come home after surgery to remove a rather large bladder stone, but within a few hours he was unresponsive.
I feel it was his time to go and without at least trying the surgery things would have been far more painful for him.
He was held close till the very end.

My heart is broken, a loss that can never be mended. I feel for his left behind cage mate Mark
He was truly special. One of a kind. Loved everyone and loved by all those who met him.
Know you were loved little man and always will be. Safe journey and I hope you are at peace now reunited with Choco

x

Oh NatG I'm sorry to read this. There are many here who can relate very well to the pain and loss that you are feeling.
He will always leave a hole in your life, and yet as time goes on there'll be a smile when you think of him, and the sadness will slowly be countered by memories of the happy times.
Welcome to the forum, NatG, though it is on a very sad note.

I lost my first and much loved piggy after surgery, her body seemed to just shut down. It is painful to watch them lose their fight.

Popcorn at the Bridge Luke and find Choco, forever young. xx

Hello, Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry it is in such sad circumstances. I am so sorry for the loss of Luke, he obviously had a great life with you and was truly adored. You tried all you could for him, unfortunately with all the will in the world we can't always save them :(

Once again I am really sorry. Hugs

Sleep well Little One

RIP Luke
x x

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm so sorry it's under such sad circumstances and I'm so sorry for your loss. Sleep tight little one x

Hi and welcome!

I am ever so sorry that you have lost your special boy Luke. He will always have a big place in heart. You have done for him what you could. Unfortunately, bladder stones in boars can be very tricky and it also depends on how efficiently your vet could do the operation. :(

Here is what you can do for Mark: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/looking-after-a-bereaved-guinea-pig.109674/
Could you please add your country, state or (for the UK) your county to your details, so we can tailor any recommendations to what is possible for you by clicking on your username on the top bar, then going to personal details and scrolling down to location.

Thankyou everyone. Mark is doing well. I have moved him next to the girls so he has some company and he appears to be just getting on with life. As he is still quite young will be looking into a new cage mate for him very shortly.

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for your loss, Luke sounds like a very special piggy. Glad Mark is doing well, having the girls close by will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back