• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

A Wee Treat For Brave Girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Had the pigs at the vets yesterday. She showed me Lunas Pelvic Xray compaired to a normal piggy pelvis and it was very upsetting. Her Pelvis is a complete mess. The vet told me she had never seen this before and that due to the extent of the damage she doesnt know the long term prognosis, but expects luna to have long term issues with peeing and pooping and pain.
Also, I had coco checked for malloclusion, because she has several of the symptoms, the vet thought her teeth were in good nik, but she was shieking in pain when her jaw was touched. The vet thinks this is either arthritic or a degenerative disease and wants to put her on metacam for 2 weeks and if this does not improve it then she wants to do an Xray to see whats going on.

Anyway! I decided to make the piggies a wee toy to cheer them up.
IMG_20150222_172648[1].jpg
I got 2 balloons, a roll of toilet paper and a basin of water.
I soaked strips of toilet paper and molded it around the balloons and packed it all up nice and thick.
I've put them on the heater to dry.
I plan to stuff them with hay and leafy veg tomorrow and they can tear into the toilet paper balls to get into the treats inside!
:D I'll tell you if it actually works out hahaha.

Edit: obviously, I'll pop the balloons and take them out when it's dry, lol

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:( poor luna and coco, I am so sorry to hear all that! They is very lucky to have you. Animals in pain/distress really break my heart, love beams to them to help them feel better <3

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Aww poor ladies. Sending healing vibes! That toy looks amazing, what a good idea :)

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) Ill take a wee video of them later when I give them it, because i bought them some cat tents to play in today too ;) lol.

Also, if anyone knows what kind of issues guinea pigs can get with their jaws it would be good to hear, because I'm unsure what the vet meant & I cant really find anything about jaw issues in pigs online that arent related to dental issues. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.