• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

A wire

HollyAlaskaPiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pigs bit my charger while it was plugged in. I know I should of been more careful but I just woke up. They bit right through the whole thing to the point to where it cant even work. What do I do to make sure they are ok?

Reaction score
My guinea pigs bit my charger while it was plugged in. I know I should of been more careful but I just woke up. They bit right through the whole thing to the point to where it cant even work. What do I do to make sure they are ok?
I don't know anything about guinea pigs biting wires, but I would take them to the vet

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
They should be fine and hopefully haven’t swallowed anything. Keep an eye on them over the next few days.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes I think if they avoided an electric shock they should be ok, just keep an eye on poop output and behaviour for 24 to 48 hours and if they seem uncomfortable at all see a vet straight away in case they swallowed something sharp or that could cause a blockage... but if its just a bit of rubber wire coating they swallowed it may pass straight through with no issues... paws crossed, and try keep things out of reach of your chew monsters!