Abba!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not mention wrong direction again. The only direction they will be going is off a cliff...with a helpful push from me!
:))
Ha ha. I like to call them no direction!
I love ABBA! Most Aussies my age do. They were a big hit here in OZ in their time.
You your post reminded me of Muriel's wedding. My partner loves that film. Have you seen it?

Which songs do you like @Chief Guinea Pig and @Lilly ?
Dancing Queen - Money, Money - Gimme, Gimme - Knowing you, Knowing Me - Take A Chance - Angeleyes. Those are my faves but I don't think there's a song of theirs I don't like

Ha ha. I like to call them no direction!
You your post reminded me of Muriel's wedding. My partner loves that film. Have you seen it?
Of course I've seen Muriel's Wedding! I reckon every true blue Aussie has! Have you seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert - some great ABBA songs there too & another hit Aussie movie (warning - not a suitable movie for anyone under 18 though!). .

No Direction, love it! My 2 granddaughters subject me to this crappy group all the time. Can hardly wait to spring the phrase No Direction on them next time.

Please do not mention wrong direction again. The only direction they will be going is off a cliff...with a helpful push from me!
:))
Oooooh I'd love to help you push them off that cliff if we could get them & us on the same island!

Dancing Queen - Money, Money - Gimme, Gimme - Knowing you, Knowing Me - Take A Chance - Angeleyes. Those are my faves but I don't think there's a song of theirs I don't like

Of course I've seen Muriel's Wedding! I reckon every true blue Aussie has! Have you seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert - some great ABBA songs there too & another hit Aussie movie (warning - not a suitable movie for anyone under 18 though!). .

No Direction, love it! My 2 granddaughters subject me to this crappy group all the time. Can hardly wait to spring the phrase No Direction on them next time.

Oooooh I'd love to help you push them off that cliff if we could get them & us on the same island!
Where abouts in aus do you live? My uncle lives in Adelaide.

We must order some Ebola suits, just to check we don't breath in the same air as them!

Where abouts in aus do you live? My uncle lives in Adelaide.
I'm in Brisbane, rather a long way from Adelaide. When I lived in Darwin some years back I visited in Adelaide for 6 weeks one summer & enjoyed it. A very pretty city & easy to drive in. I had my very first photo with a koala at a wildlife centre there & was thrilled as Darwin has no koalas. Now that I'm in Brissie, there's koalas everywhere, but that first experience in Adelaide has always remained indelibly in my mind.

Have you visited your uncle? If not, I hope you do soon as Adelaide is a lovely city and just a few hours north & you're in the outback.

Abba were big when I was a teenager, and a friend of mine who was a big fan copied them all for my tape recorder (yes, it was really back in prehistory...) I am still very fond of them; they have definitely stood the test of time!

Abba were big when I was a teenager, and a friend of mine who was a big fan copied them all for my tape recorder (yes, it was really back then...) I am still very fond of them; they have really stood the test of time!
I remember tape recorders well! I was so excited getting one for my 15th b'day as no one else in my circle of friends had one. Those were the days when the radio announced each song & I would be sitting there with my finger poised over the record button ready to press the minute the song started!

I remember tape recorders well! I was so excited getting one for my 15th b'day as no one else in my circle of friends had one. Those were the days when the radio announced each song & I would be sitting there with my finger poised over the record button ready to press the minute the song started!

Oh yes... :)

Ah tape recorders, I remember them! :)

As for Abba, they were great and every party I go to their songs will be heard at least once. I watched a programme a few weeks back about Agnetha Faltskog. Was very interesting to see how the fame affected their lives and how they all coped with it.

:vom:
Ah don't dis one dimension. They are multi talented with lots of depth.

Was anybody ever sad enough to tape the charts off the radio on a Sunday? I was. You had to sit and wait for your favourite song to come on.

As for ABBA. I love them. My OH is a massive Erasure fan and they did a cover version. I must admit, that has grown on me after having to listen to it over and over again on full blast in the car.

:vom:

Was anybody ever sad enough to tape the charts off the radio on a Sunday? I was. You had to sit and wait for your favourite song to come on.

As for ABBA. I love them. My OH is a massive Erasure fan and they did a cover version. I must admit, that has grown on me after having to listen to it over and over again on full blast in the car.
Me, me! I don't remember what day we had the charts on in my teenage years but I do recall it was a day off school so at the weekend some time. And I would be sat there recording with my tape recorder for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back