• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

abcess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bounty

:o HI, can anyone recommend a good vet for guinea pigs in nottingham. My guinea pig had an ear infection which we had treated cost over £200. at vets but during visits he had a lump appear on his head this burst with pus we were told it could be to do with ear infection but they never cleared it up it bursts heals and then a few wks later bursts again. I feel my vet is only in it for the money. Need to find a vet who cares. Guinea pig seems well in himself eats drinks and loves cuddles but his head will not clear keep bathing with salt water.
Can anyone help.
thanks

I think there is a thread somewhere else asking about vets in nottingham ill try to find it for you. it does sound like an abscess, if you have any syringes, next time it bursts your best flushing it out with boiled and cooled water, put the syringe in the hole and let the water out, do this a few times until there's no pus coming out. its even better if you can get the vet to give you some hibi-scrub or medi-scrub to mix in with it then you can pack it with antiseptic cream such as dermissol, this stops the pus building up again if you do it twice a day, its not nice for the piggy but best in the long run, might also be worth asking the vets for some antibiotics just to clear any infection O0 welcome to the forum by the way :) ill try to find you the vets thread!
Love Emma x

jnenbnb said:
I think there is a thread somewhere else asking about vets in nottingham ill try to find it for you. it does sound like an abscess, if you have any syringes, next time it bursts your best flushing it out with boiled and cooled water, put the syringe in the hole and let the water out, do this a few times until there's no pus coming out. its even better if you can get the vet to give you some hibi-scrub or medi-scrub to mix in with it then you can pack it with antiseptic cream such as dermissol, this stops the pus building up again if you do it twice a day, its not nice for the piggy but best in the long run, might also be worth asking the vets for some antibiotics just to clear any infection O0 welcome to the forum by the way :) ill try to find you the vets thread!
Love Emma x
many thanks i am giving antibiotics at present, have flushed with salt water but still comes back, will try to get medi scrub and dermissol. again many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back