• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Abnormal eye discharge?

Dilly's Piggies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! For the past 3 days my girl Melody has had the white milky cleaning fluid gathering in and around her right eye only. It seems to be over active or clogged and is producing the fluid constantly for no reason? I keep having to flush and clean it but it keeps reappearing. I've never seen this issue before, her eye is perfectly normal and she does not appear unwell. Is there anything I should do or will it clear up by itself? Should I watch out for anything? Thanks!

I’d echo what @Piggies&buns has said about a vet trip.
That was what alerted me to Phoebe having a possible eye problem and so an infection was caught early.
Hope there’s nothing wrong with Melody’s eye but it’s better to be safe.

I’d echo what @Piggies&buns has said about a vet trip.
That was what alerted me to Phoebe having a possible eye problem and so an infection was caught early.
Hope there’s nothing wrong with Melody’s eye but it’s better to be safe.
Thank you both, yeah I can deal with most things but eyes always freak me out a bit lol! I'll get her a vet appointment especially since this is unusual, hopefully she's okay 😊

I would definitely get it checked, in case it’s the start of an infection or perhaps a blocked tear duct or some sort of irritation that the eye is trying to expel. With any luck it will be nothing serious.

Back