• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

About a cleaner

Reaction score
So today I used a spray cleaner to clean the bathroom's washbasin but forget to wash hands with some of it on hands and shake the bottle in the kitchen sink. Is it possible that the faucet of the pure water for my guinea pig become toxic and be there forever? Will it absorb the harmful substances form the cleaner to the water inside or on the faucet?

If you are concerned that the water bottle has been touched with a chemical cleaner that could have got on the spout then just empty the bottle, wash it and refill. It will help your peace of mind and is much quicker than coming here to ask. That's what I would do anyway.

If you are concerned that the water bottle has been touched with a chemical cleaner that could have got on the spout then just empty the bottle, wash it and refill. It will help your peace of mind and is much quicker than coming here to ask. That's what I would do anyway.
I mean I have not cleaner the water bottle yet. I would like to ask if it is possible the chemicals from the cleaner got inside the faucet water, and the water from the faucet will become toxic inside, and it will come out the toxic water to the guinea pig's bottle?

You always seem very worried about chemicals @Xiaoxiao maybe if you are very concerned about them you could just not use them in your home? You can clean bathroom sinks fine with just vinegar which is what many of us use to clean our piggy cages, that is perfectly safe after a quick rinse, and just dont use hairspray at all that you were worried about earlier, much better for the environment too and then you neednt worry about these things! :)

You always seem very worried about chemicals @Xiaoxiao maybe if you are very concerned about them you could just not use them in your home? You can clean bathroom sinks fine with just vinegar which is what many of us use to clean our piggy cages, that is perfectly safe after a quick rinse, and just dont use hairspray at all that you were worried about earlier, much better for the environment too and then you neednt worry about these things! :)
Gotcha, thank you! but if I have used the cleaner, will it be absorbed to the faucet and make water inside faucet toxic?

Taps have a one way valve, let your water run for 20 seconds, it will flush away all impurities in the system, giving you clean water and washing away your concerns. No more need to worry.

Gotcha, thank you! but if I have used the cleaner, will it be absorbed to the faucet and make water inside faucet toxic?
No, it really wont, the cleaner will stay on the outside and won't penetrate the metal to the inside where the water is. But if you just clean with vinegar you"ll never have to worry so much :)

Back