• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Additional Piggie? Advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogoguineas

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

As mentioned in my introductory post, I have one lone piggie now after his friend Peanut passed away 2 months ago after some unusual digestive problems.

I'm well aware from previous experience guinea pigs can live long lives as Fuzzy is only 18 months I'm worried he could be living alone for a long time.
He is housed indoors in the kitchen which is off my lounge so I'm always in and out giving him attention and he's only alone in the day whilst I'm at work.

I'm just concerned over time, being on his own could make him depressed, is that even possible? Or will he just get used to it? I'm just very concerned for his welfare.

Has anyone got any advice on this topic?

Are you interested in getting a friend for your little piggy?
Obviously, with him living with another and then him unfortunately passing away, he's going to be quite lonely when you're at work, and I would recommend getting him a friend.

There a lots of rescues around that let you take your piggy for a 'date' so that they pick their new pal :)
Maybe a neutered female would be best? Have a look around!
And good luck! :)

As already suggested, a spot of boar-dating would help find your piggy a friend. Many rescues around the country offer it, you take your boy along to a rescue and he gets to meet other boars there and hopefully one will be the perfect match. A boar of similar age or a baby is likely to work best.

If you give your location there should be a local rescue that can be recommended.

Suzy x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back