Adopting a brother for my bereaved boar today!

4boipigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Finally, after waiting a month, I'm adopting a new friend for my old man Little Bear. He and his brother Bruin (who was pts end of November due to heart failure) were found abandoned in a fried chicken box in October. I'm so excited to finally get a friend for Little Bear so he can get back to being a normal pig. He seems to have gotten over grieving for Bruin and is back to being active/normal. This is my first time adopting a pig from a rescue. I don't care (too much) about who I get but from the boys attached (minus the pairs), I'm hoping for Gimbly, Chuggy, Casserole, Aaron, or Buddy (LOVE the black babies).

Attachments

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Will you be taking him dating to choose or choosing one to bring home? Good luck!

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Best way to do it. It’s a good selection so hope he comes back with a firm friend.

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
It's really rewarding rescuing a new Piggy back and giving them a new home! They all look lovely. Hope Little Bear finds a friend. Looking forward to seeing lots of pigtures!

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Any news?! 😆 we love a happy ending...

4boipigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Love at first sight! The big one is Gimbly, an abyssinian/sheltie mix. I wasn't allowed to be present during the bonding but they basically hit it off immediately and Little Bear was popcorning (and did when we got home too). Gimbly was a shelter pull who has very bad bumblefoot. His front feet are a little wonky from it. He's maybe 2 years old. Very relaxed boys and neither are bickering or bullying like my other boys, or Bruin who was Little Bear's original brother.

Attachments

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Aw, what a lovely boar Little Bear has chosen, hope they have a lovely life together, wonderful news x