• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Adoption Rescue

GuineaBabs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey there😁! Does anyone know any adoption/ rescue centers in Arizona? I’m looking to rescue another guinea pig as I just got more space available to me❤️. I have looked but I can’t seem to find good ones

As I know you’ve got a boar trio and a pair of sows. if the boar trio fails, would you still have the space to separate out the single boar of your current trio and get him a new friend If you take on sixth piggy?

What sex of new piggy would you be looking to take on? If the bonding fails, is there still the space available for the new piggy to be separated out and got his/her own new friend, as well as if your current boar trio fails?

As I know you’ve got a boar trio and a pair of sows. if the boar trio fails, would you still have the space to separate out the single boar of your current trio and get him a new friend If you take on sixth piggy?

What sex of new piggy would you be looking to take on? If the bonding fails, is there still the space available for the new piggy to be separated out and got his/her own new friend, as well as if your current boar trio fails?
Yes I would have the space to separate them but if they continue to get along I won’t have to. For the New Guinea I would have a brand new cage and get him or her a new friend. I would prefer the gender to be a sow as it would make it an equal 3 boys and 3 girls but a boar would be okay too as there is new space. Right now I’m looking for a long haired piggy but I’m not too picky about that.

If your boys are younger than 4 months I would go ahead and separate now then date the single . How would you put the cages though? Because it’s not advisable for boars to live near sows.

As you’re getting a new cage and then mention getting the new piggy their own new friend, it could be better to adopt an already bonded sow pair rather than bring home singles and have to go through trying to find a character compatible friend.
i don’t know whether your boar trio are in the same room as your sows, if they are and are ok with that then that’s good, but bonded boars should ideally be kept in the different room to sows (or in stacked cages with the sows at the bottom) - sow pheromones can ruin boar bonds - so if you were to get another pair, then you’d have to make sure you took that into account. For example, you would be taking a huge risk by bringing home another boar pair and putting them in the same room as your sows - your current boars may not mind sow pheromones but its unlikely a new boar pair would be so lucky.
(Also don’t forget single piggies cannot be kept in stacked cages so if you took on a single piggy with the intention of getting a friend at a later date and had to have stacked cages, then your single would need to be kept on the floor alongside other cages until she had a friend of her own)

As you’re getting a new cage and then mention getting the new piggy their own new friend, it could be better to adopt an already bonded sow pair rather than bring home singles and have to go through trying to find a character compatible friend.
i don’t know whether your boar trio are in the same room as your sows, if they are and are ok with that then that’s good, but bonded boars should ideally be kept in the different room to sows (or in stacked cages with the sows at the bottom) - sow pheromones can ruin boar bonds - so if you were to get another pair, then you’d have to make sure you took that into account. For example, you would be taking a huge risk by bringing home another boar pair and putting them in the same room as your sows - your current boars may not mind sow pheromones but its unlikely a new boar pair would be so lucky.
(Also don’t forget single piggies cannot be kept in stacked cages so if you took on a single piggy with the intention of getting a friend at a later date and had to have stacked cages, then your single would need to be kept on the floor alongside other cages until she had a friend of her own)
My 3 boars have bonded together and have no issues living together as they thrive on one another. They are over a year old. My sows are younger and ignore each other. They are currently in stacked cages that are 2 x 5 and the sows are in the bottom cage. I ordered 2 more cages for them that are 2 x 6 for my sows and boars so they will be stacked as well with the sows being on the bottom. I could use the old 2 x 5 C & C cages for the new rescues.

You’re lucky you’ve managed to keep a boar trio together in a 2x5 c&c! A 2x5 is only big enough for two boars, a 2x6 (measuring 7ft x just over 2ft), I would also consider on the small side for a boar trio.
As I say though I wouldn’t risk bringing in another boar pair given the presence of your current sows. Having another sow pair of a neutered boar/sow pair would be fine, but having another boar pair would risk their relationship with the sows being present
good luck with them!

You’re lucky you’ve managed to keep a boar trio together in a 2x5 c&c! A 2x5 is only big enough for two boars, a 2x6 (measuring 7ft x just over 2ft), I would also consider on the small side for a boar trio.
As I say though I wouldn’t risk bringing in another boar pair given the presence of your current sows. Having another sow pair of a neutered boar/sow pair would be fine, but having another boar pair would risk their relationship with the sows being present
good luck with them!
A boar and sow pair would be awesome as well! I definitely wouldn’t add any other boars to my already boar trio and would start over in the new cage with another boar if it came to it if I wasn’t able to get a bonded pair. But another sow and sow pair in a different cage would be nice as well. Thank you by the way😁!

I also looked at the adoptions listed on this forum, the ones I was told about earlier, but they didn’t list anything near me or the links would work

A boar and sow pair would be awesome as well! I definitely wouldn’t add any other boars to my already boar trio and would start over in the new cage with another boar if it came to it if I wasn’t able to get a bonded pair. But another sow and sow pair in a different cage would be nice as well. Thank you by the way😁!

you cannot add any more piggies in the same cage as your current boar trio - for one it would destroy their relationship And two the cage is nowhere near big enough (you need a square metre for each boar).
If you didn’t have your sows then you could have separate boar pairs, but it’s the fact you’ve got sows which prevents further boars being an option

the rescue locator on this forum is for uk rescues, as we are a uk based forum.
you would need to use the guinealynx link which siikibam added in her first reply to find rescues near you.

I’d work on getting a bigger cage for your boys if you really do want to keep them together. I’d focus on the piggies you have right now rather than adding more
We did order than 2 2 x 6 cage for the boys and girls but we’re also ordering additional grids and Coroplast in order to make a corner C & C cage that will be 2 x 6 one side and on the L piece will be 5 x 2 but that order for the expansion will come in 2 weeks . So I think that will be enough space right now for my boys as it’s a 2 x 6 and a 2 x 5 together . We would have an additional 2 x 5 cage for the new rescues that we would be adding on to.

you cannot add any more piggies in the same cage as your current boar trio - for one it would destroy their relationship And two the cage is nowhere near big enough (you need a square metre for each boar).
If you didn’t have your sows then you could have separate boar pairs, but it’s the fact you’ve got sows which prevents further boars being an option

you would need to use the guinealynx link which siikibam added in her first reply to find rescues near you.
sorry for the confusion. I said that I WOULDNT add another piggy to my current trio. They would be housed in a different cage at the appropriate size with another boar if I couldn’t find a bonded pair

I also did use the locator that siikibam listed

I’m afraid I don’t know of any rescues in Arizona but you seem to be doing everything right regarding your current boar trio and existing girls.
I had the same arrangement with my two girls/boar and my two bonded boars above the girls cc cage. (Two girls and one neutered boar on bottom, bonded boars on top)
I would make your boys cc a little bigger but if they get on so well and passed the hormone stages you don’t have to rush.

girls and boars can be in the same area as long as the girls are below to prevent boars fighting.

good luck with your new piggies :)

I would stick to the five you have now and just give them the best life possible. Do you have the funds available if they were to all fall ill? Vet fees can be (even more) extortionate in the US.

I would stick to the five you have now and just give them the best life possible. Do you have the funds available if they were to all fall ill? Vet fees can be (even more) extortionate in the US.
Yes I definitely do have enough money in case they fall ill! I have a separate budget for my piggy’s and have enough money saved in case something were to happen

Back