• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Advice: eldery care for Cpt. Jack

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
So Jack is getting a good age now and not as weighty as he used to be.

He currently lives outside with his wifes which is insulated, and heated.
He is receiving top up recovery care twice daily now.
He isn't very active.
I'm going to start putting in a small bowl of oats daily too.

I'm worried that I should consider moving him inside for the winter which would mean he would be alone but out for nightly cuddles.
I want him to be very comfortable in his last years.

He's quite frail and he is the apple of my eye and am worried about him.

So; thoughts?

No experience of this but instinctively I feel he might be sad without his lady friends! Poor old boy, please give him a hug and some extra oats from us x

Oooh tough choice. You know jack best lovely. I left Peter out as he was happiest with his wives and he did pass in a January but I truly believe it would have been the same outcome had he been indoors

Oooh tough choice. You know jack best lovely. I left Peter out as he was happiest with his wives and he did pass in a January but I truly believe it would have been the same outcome had he been indoors
Thanks Kelly, He's had extra cuddles and as much feed as I can get into him.
I'll put him out tonight with his wives and hopefully he can get his comfy spot.

Sending you and Capt Jack hugs. Whatever you decide will be the right decision. X

If the lovely Captain Jack is used to being outside with his ladies I would leave him there Lil. It'll probably stress him out not being with his wives. As long as he is happy that is all you can ask for.

:hug::hug:I agree with the others Lil, you know Jack best. Sending huge hugs xx

Back