Advice Needed On Squabbling Piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruthi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
ive had my two sows for 2 weeks today, the slightly older piggy Tuffie has also shown the typical signs of dominance, rumble strutting and chasing now and then towards her cage mate Bella however for the first time today Bella has actually chattered her teeth together (when she was on the other side of the cage) I'm hoping that as it is still early days they might still be sorting out who is boss and I thought Bella would be the under pig but she has also been chasing Tuffie the last few days and the odd poke on the rear end! Am I being too worried? They live in a 2x4 c&c cage and have 2 of everything so they have their own space. Advice please :bye:

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Towards the end of the dominance, the underpiggy gets his/her say in how much they want to pushed. It sounds like your two girls have reached that phase. That it is a bit stronger than normal could be due to Bella coming into season right now.

Just sit it out; a fight is pretty unlikely! If your girls had not got along, you'd have noticed by now.

ruthi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you wiebke, I'm keeping a close eye on them, the last thing I want is for them to be separated when it's not needed

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you wiebke, I'm keeping a close eye on them, the last thing I want is for them to be separated when it's not needed
Unlike boars, sows rarely fight or fall-out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.