• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginnypig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
During floor time this evening one of my piggys attacked another (another thing i need advice on) and terrified her to the point that she ran headlong into a cage grid and got her head stuck one of the holes. Obviously she was frantic and squealing. It was horrible and so upsetting cause shes a timid little thing. I used washing up liquid on her neck fur so once we had snapped a bar of the grid we could get her out easier. It worked but she was covered in washing up liquid so i had to shower it off. Poor little girl. It all latered up but finally got it all out. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt gonna be dangerous on her skin or cause problems. Any thoughts please. Ps. Her fur is extremely soft now though :-)

Washing up liquid can be used on grease glands so I could think it is ok, especially now you have washed it off but keep an eye out for any redness on her skin or scratching. Is she ok in herself after getting stuck? any sign of injury?

Oh - poor you - I hope your little girl is OK now. It sounds like you acted very quickly so, well done for being there to rescue her.

Naturally, it's not a good idea to use washing up liquid - but you did what you could at the time.

Oh Ginny my heart goes out to you and to your poor little piggy.
Different washing up liquids contain different ingredients, so perhaps you could post any information you have on the label?
I doubt that it would do harm though. Poor little piggy, how is she now? xx

Thankyou all for your thoughts. My little Belle seems fine now. I did check het neck and head by touching gently last night and she didnt seem too bothered. I put my finger in between her neck and the cutters so she didnt get caught with those either. Shes eating and wandering about so think we got away lightly. It was horrible. I was so upset. Her fur is so thick and she has dark skin so cant see any redness but doesnt seem to be scratching. I washed off as soon as i could so hopefully its not affected her. X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back