Advice on C&C cage

Ellie-May

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not being as active, but work is busy at the moment. I have recently purchased a C&C cage (finally, woohoo!) and I would just like some general advice on how people clean, what they use as bedding etc. The size of the cage is 5x2 and it has a 2x2 loft. They may not like the loft, but it is all trial and error.

We have wanted one for a while as we have just been using a massive puppy pen basically, but it has done the job and the girls like it. The only downside is that it won’t arrive until the end of the month due to the current situation, but that is fine and it gives me enough time to get some set up ideas.

Also, we will probably be using cage liners with puppy pads underneath as I think it will be easier to clean. We have been using either horse bedding or wood shavings and the girls love it, but I’m having to clean like 3 times a day. At least with the cage liners it’ll be easier to clean and maintain.

Piggiefordayssss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not being as active, but work is busy at the moment. I have recently purchased a C&C cage (finally, woohoo!) and I would just like some general advice on how people clean, what they use as bedding etc. The size of the cage is 5x2 and it has a 2x2 loft. They may not like the loft, but it is all trial and error.

We have wanted one for a while as we have just been using a massive puppy pen basically, but it has done the job and the girls like it. The only downside is that it won’t arrive until the end of the month due to the current situation, but that is fine and it gives me enough time to get some set up ideas.

Also, we will probably be using cage liners with puppy pads underneath as I think it will be easier to clean. We have been using either horse bedding or wood shavings and the girls love it, but I’m having to clean like 3 times a day. At least with the cage liners it’ll be easier to clean and maintain.
That is great!😯 I use newspaper with lots of hay and I clean it out normally once a week but my piggies do live outside👌 I am hoping to get an indoor cage soon and I think I am going to get a fleece cage liner and I have done a bit of research and I'm pretty sure you do a 💩 pick once or twice a day and wash the fleece once a week😃 I hope this helps!💕

Ellie-May

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That is great!😯 I use newspaper with lots of hay and I clean it out normally once a week but my piggies do live outside👌 I am hoping to get an indoor cage soon and I think I am going to get a fleece cage liner and I have done a bit of research and I'm pretty sure you do a 💩 pick once or twice a day and wash the fleece once a week😃 I hope this helps!💕
Thank you! Yeah fleece liner seems much easier and I’ve ordered a few sets so I’ll have some in between washes. I’ll probably still have to do a poop check like twice a day aha

Piggiefordayssss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you! Yeah fleece liner seems much easier and I’ve ordered a few sets so I’ll have some in between washes. I’ll probably still have to do a poop check like twice a day aha
Ok, that's great!😃