• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice on piggie health!

Hannahb2804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My friends piggie jumped out of his cage and fell down a meter or so, his legs and everything are all ok and so is his back but we’ve looked at his teeth and one of his top teeth seem to be chipped, we’ve also noticed a small cut on his top lip and we seem to think when he’s fallen he’s bit his lip. He’s also not eaten much of his food.
many advice please?

Chickenpies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would go and see a vet, I hope things get better!

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
A metre is incredibly high for a piggy to fall. Please see a vet as a matter of urgency
in case there are internal injuries, they will hide their pain and internal injuries don’t always immediately come to light So a vet must carry out checks.

As your piggy seems to not be eating, then there may be pain somewhere in the body. Please step in with syringe feeding your piggy to keep the guts working.

Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Please see a vet as soon as possible. Until then and until any medication is kicking in, you need to step in with support feeding.

You can find the necessary advice about finding a vet and how to support feed in an emergency and how control the food intake by daily weighing in the green Emergency Care need link in the previous post. Keep in mind that guinea pigs cannot afford to fast for days, like a cat or dog. Your care at home is as important. Since your piggy could potentially have an injury to the spine or an internal injury, you need to handle them very, very carefully.