• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok, my three "boys" are really girls. Two are sisters of 20 months ish, one is unrelated at 6 months.

If max (neutered) came to live with us, are there likely to be problems?
Would he want to bonk them, and would this cause jealousy amongst them?
Would they resent a boy arriving?
Will it change my relationship with my three - my mother says it will.

I don't want problems, and I don't want any of them upset.
Rocky and Scarby are both quite bouncy; Riffy is quiet and very protective of me and close to me.

Please help!

I would say that he wuld still bonk them. He would still have some hormones but not the ones to make a mini pig :D

I guess you can't really be sure on the way they are going to react as they have never been together. Jealousy.. hmmmm my girls don't tend to get jealous of each other (some in a group of 6), but then again I'm not sure if that would change when having a male there.

I think it may change your relationship slighty as your 'boys' are always used to just you and each other. Maybe someone else can shed more light as I've never had a mixed lot :)

x

I don't want things to change with my three. We have always been so close. Just don't know what to do. I usually play safe when in doubt, so perhaps I should just leave things the way they are.

Don't just take my word for it though lovey :) Others may have other ideas :) Don't give up just yet

I'm really torn.
Ma xis so sweet, but I do like things the way they are.

OOh I dunno Lucinda. I would have thought it would be fine but I'm no expert. If it helps, george doesn't try to *ahem* hump Mildred.

really? I don't want jealousy going on, and Max is very handsome :)

Also, as they have never had a "sexual relationship" before, would they want the hassle now?

I just don't know.

Tiny hasn't had a sexual relationship before too, but the other day in a run seperated from the boys, she was flirting like mad and teasing!

Oh no, but Tonni does flirt around any girl!

She flirted with Titch. Not all of the girls flirt!
:)

having so many pigs like i do I see the girls flirt and try it on with other girls all the time ::) same with the boys you can never be sure what they will do, I would say if Max is the 6 month one he might just fit in with the boys, as you know i do have boys together with no problems, :) but then again how will your spoilt babies react to him, they might not want to share their mummy. :( my girls are always getting along never ever had a fight between my girls, a quick knock with the nose is enough to get the message through to leave me alone, I can add girls if i need to the main run and they get accepted after a quick sniff, boys are a different matter as you know, I would give them a chance max might be taken in by one of the other boys with no problems but upset another, theres no guarantee, but good luck what ever you decide personally I am a sucker for them cute little faces and never say no to a pig, lol :D

Aw, Lucinda dont worry, someone's sure to offer Max a lovely home soon. If your three are really happy together then perhaps its not fair to rock the boat (i know nothing about piggie behaviour tho i must say!)

I think with the distance if things didnt work out it would be hard to return him to me.

Thanks for thinking of him.
Mandyx

The introduction of a boar into an established group can go one of two ways - perfectly or a nightmare. With some groups it unites them but with others it can bring on an ongoing power struggle!

Pigs are such awkward creatures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back