• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Advice/reassurance needed!

Chloe.123

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi so ive just been cutting my piggies nails, never (thankfully) had an issue before but ibe just cut one nail too short through the quick and its bleeding and i feel awful!

Will it stop on its own or do I need to do something to stop it?

Thanks x

There is a thread in the daily care section about cutting nails 🙂 it does say it should stop on its own, but if not you should contact your vet, I’m not sure how to attached the thread sorry!

There is a thread in the daily care section about cutting nails 🙂 it does say it should stop on its own, but if not you should contact your vet, I’m not sure how to attached the thread sorry!
Thank you, hes walking fine and didn't react when it happened, I just feel really bad 😭

Thank you, hes walking fine and didn't react when it happened, I just feel really bad 😭
Don’t worry it can happen to anyone, as long as he is okay that’s the main thing!

Has it stopped bleeding now?

If it bleeds a lot then you need to go to a vet, but most times it stops quite quickly.

It’s always worth having pot of styptic powder ready just in case or failing that ....dip the little claw in baking powder - I’m sure all will be ok 🥰

Hopefully you won't need it again. We all have a little accident once in a while, I think I've done it twice it made me feel so sick when I did it. I didn't need to put anything on the nails the bleeding stopped straight away.

This is the one I was recommended- it’s fairly cheap and always good to have .....and then you’ll never need it ! It does look like you’re completely forgiven 🥰

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi so ive just been cutting my piggies nails, never (thankfully) had an issue before but ibe just cut one nail too short through the quick and its bleeding and i feel awful!

Will it stop on its own or do I need to do something to stop it?

Thanks x
Hi! Please do not worry yourself too much! Accidents happen and we learn from them, I have also once accidentally cut my baby boy Alfie’s nail too short and it started to bleed, I would suggest leave it alone, unless your guinea is showing signs of pain, swelling, redness, heat or infection. Then I would see a vet. Sorry about your piggie.:no:

Back